Post your speedtest.net results

shaefurr

After running this test I wonder how I can actually run the stuff that I do. This is actually a high for what I usually get, Normally sits around the 3.1 mark. Completely rubbish speeds but checking the average speeds in my area on testmy.net shows them to be 1.8 so I can't really complain.

3795476776.png

Local server:

suhe7y6a.jpg

Pretty consistent 100/100 over my fiber connection. I have throttled down from gigabit to 100 Mbit until I get my 4k TV. :) The step up from 100/100 to 1000/1000 costs too much when I have no real use for it.

And across the Atlantic. Not bad at all! I have rock solid HDX streaming from VUDU with all bars lit 24/7.

u9yba9e7.jpg

Now if I have to cross the U.S, speed nosedives. What sort of Internet infrastructure do you have over there, anyway? ;)

tazuzuvu.jpg

Cost is ~$23/month including Internet & VoIP and no data caps. :)

Edited by politby

For me Download speed-20.047mbps Upload speed-6.043mbps. What do you think about my internet speed?

Edited by swhitmore
The website link looks to be suss. I've removed it but left the post in case it's genuine.

TolkienBard

Hehe no. It's a normal gigabit connection. They are not very uncommon, most people in the larger cities can get them.

The speedtest result is a bit misleading though, if I plug the cable directly in the wall socket I get 1000/1000 easily using FTP for example.

Some example of ISPs and their prices if interested:

http://www.bredbandsbolaget.se/bredband/alla-hastigheter.html

http://qmarket.se/privat/bredband#jFilterForm=DownStreamSpeed%3D1000

http://www.sundbybergsstadsnat.se/serviceguide/index/consumers/list/39?category=39&grouping=xsp&sort=speed&desc=desc

https://www.comhem.se/bredband/bredbandspaket (cable)

Gigabit internet for less than $63 US/ month? I live in the wrong place for sure. I pay more than that for 10% of the download speed and about 3% of the upload.

:wacko:

politby

Gigabit internet for less than $63 US/ month? I live in the wrong place for sure. I pay more than that for 10% of the download speed and about 3% of the upload.

:wacko:

My general opinion is that there is far too much government intervention in everything here in Sweden. But at one point, maybe 15 years ago, there was one political decision taken that showed unusual foresight. It was decided that the entire country needed to be covered by a network infrastructure supporting local city backbones to which households and communities can connect via fiber. It was also decided these city networks should be open to competing ISPs and service providers. This has resulted in driving down the cost of the physical connection for the individual household and fierce competition among the service providers. Resulting in lower prices.

My community, which is out in the sticks, dug and pulled fiber in 2008 at a cost of the equivalent of $2,500 per household.

One other important factor is that cable TV never became as dominant here as in the United States. Terrestrial and satellite are the major distribution forms. So we do not have a situation where huge cable operators become internet providers and lock down their networks.

By the way, when posting results please add a measurement using a distant server as well. The speed from your router to the nearest connection point may be what your ISP is selling, but it's not a true indicator of actual real world performance.

Edited by politby

Local server Norway:

3820713288.png

London

3820726892.png

Crossing atlantic to NY

3820731597.png

Freakin other side of world Cisco town

3820734914.png

Pricetag, about US$90/Mo

Edited by KRA

• 3 years later...
shaefurr

Guess I never posted mine after I switched from Centurylink to Comcast, was on 40/5, now on 200/10. But thanks to the retarded 1tb data cap I pay for unlimited data ($50), so monthly its $110.

5a15055576d7b_speedtestscreencapture2.jp

Edited by shaefurr

adrianwi

Virgin Media just bumped mine up, but I'd happily swap some down for more up!

5a15362ad2dd6_speedtest.png

Sweeden is clearly the place to be :)

Edited by adrianwi

adrianwi

I was paying £76/month for 200Mbps Broadband, TV and Telephone.   I called them and am now paying £70/month for 300Mbps, so you might say they are paying me for faster broadband ;)  Oh, and a new Superhub 3 FOC too!

Having a good year with Virgin, as I got a FOC upgrade to a TiVo V6 box earlier in the year too, although let's be honest, over £800/year for broadband, TV and home phone is still pretty expensive!

CBers

Nice.

I got a free Tivo v6 upgrade along with a new SH3 a month or so ago.

Still on Vivid 200, as they wouldn't upgrade me free to 300mbps.

Still, 200mbps is more than fast enough :)

pir8radio

speedtestbeta.png

Kind of unfair, as my emby server is in the same datacenter as the speedtest.net server...   lol.. 0ms ping time...

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 3

BAlGaInTl

speedtestbeta.png

Kind of unfair, as my emby server is in the same datacenter as the speedtest.net server...   lol.. 0ms ping time...

LOL.  Can't you use a different server or service?

I recently saw a TV ad that said my provider was increasing their speeds... I need to test tonight to see if they included current customers. 

Guest asrequested

speedtestbeta.png

Kind of unfair, as my emby server is in the same datacenter as the speedtest.net server... lol.. 0ms ping time...

You make me sad, sometimes :P

pir8radio

LOL.  Can't you use a different server or service?

I recently saw a TV ad that said my provider was increasing their speeds... I need to test tonight to see if they included current customers. 

It's hard to find a good speedtest service that can do gigabit...    The ones listed below all read about the same speed as my previous post, but ATT shows it faster than it actually is.  Ping times are 6-9ms but I like the 0ms lol.

The decent speed test sites in order of accuracy:

speedtest.net

speedtest.googlefiber.net

speedtest.att.com  (reads speed higher than actual)

You make me sad, sometimes :P

And you me, mr. 10gb network....   :)