Post your speedtest.net results

shaefurr

arrbee99

You call that speed look at the speed I get at work.  :blink:

5a152c96db3c8_Capture.png

Dare I ask the question - so hows that NBN going anyway...

Don't ask it's becoming a joke this government wants to go back with us using tins and a string between them. I am one of the lucky ones that I have nbn fibre to the home and it's excellent and my work is right next to the city and that is the best we can get a joke. Labour government wanted to do it properly but these liberals stuffed it up its all because short term thinking.

arrbee99

Have seen various bits about it on this side of the ditch. Though considering how vast your country is and its population density I'm sure it's not easy (ignoring the whole urbanization thing re Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, etc). Obviously its gone quite well over here, apart from rants about declining install standards and installers wanting to stick (nai) fibre to 40 year old fences which are already falling down and what are they thinking etc...

Scott D

I used to complain regularly about the speed vs. price vs. quality.  I guess my complaints paid off in the long run.

$79.99 per month for 300/30.  No contract and no bundle of other junk.

5a16e4db2b413_6818997805.png

I still complain, but now it has to do with the 1Tb data cap.

Edited by Scott D

I was paying £76/month for 200Mbps Broadband, TV and Telephone.   I called them and am now paying £70/month for 300Mbps, so you might say they are paying me for faster broadband ;)  Oh, and a new Superhub 3 FOC too!

Having a good year with Virgin, as I got a FOC upgrade to a TiVo V6 box earlier in the year too, although let's be honest, over £800/year for broadband, TV and home phone is still pretty expensive!

Nice.

I got a free Tivo v6 upgrade along with a new SH3 a month or so ago.

Still on Vivid 200, as they wouldn't upgrade me free to 300mbps.

Still, 200mbps is more than fast enough :)

On Vivid Gamer 200 here so no traffic shaping.

Is there traffic management on your tier @@adrianwi

Virgin Media just bumped mine up, but I'd happily swap some down for more up!

5a15362ad2dd6_speedtest.png

Sweeden is clearly the place to be :)

Aside from people lucky enough to live in google fiber area's :) those speeds rock at 70$ for gig up / down.

adrianwi

On Vivid Gamer 200 here so no traffic shaping.

Is there traffic management on your tier @@adrianwi

Not according to the Virgin website, although I don't always believe them!

VIVID 300 has no traffic management measures and no monthly data usage allowance.   
  • Like 1

CBers

Virgin have never traffic managed their top tier of broadband since the 50mbps service was introduced.

I wasn't aware that 300 was generally available until 2 months ago.

Swynol

BT can offer me 300/30 but at £75.99 a month....

hopefully hyperoptic will be available in my area soon which will mean 1000/1000 :) and for less than BT charge for 80/20

Edited by Swynol

CBers

Been waiting 2 years for hyperoptic. They should leave scummy south London alone and come up north!

Oi! There's nuffin wrong with Souf London ;)

• Like 1

politby

How the h**l did you get gigabit for 250 per month? That's like 1/3 of the going rate. Negotiated rate for your co-op?

optimalt

How the h**l did you get gigabit for 250 per month? That's like 1/3 of the going rate. Negotiated rate for your co-op?

Yes, it's a group agreement via my co-op (had to google that word...  :) )

• Like 1

Man, that beats the pants off of me in the US Midwest. I get mid to low 200Mbps download and 12Mbps upload and usage limit us to 1024 GB per month... for around $80 US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalke962e7f6ab9382e3994edd82a723c8c6.png

post-97771-0-69662000-1511641623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tur0k

shaefurr

Man, that beats the pants off of me in the US Midwest. I get mid to low 200Mbps download and 12Mbps upload and usage limit us to 1024 GB per month... for around $80 US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalke962e7f6ab9382e3994edd82a723c8c6.png

You on xfinity? That's what I pay for 200/12, but I kept going over the cap so now I pay for unlimited.

a1865af7b9e0fe51613aab9a820e020b.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

You on xfinity? That's what I pay for 200/12, but I kept going over the cap so now I pay for unlimited.

a1865af7b9e0fe51613aab9a820e020b.jpg

Man, how much extra is unlimited? I ended up addressing it in the opposite method. I run PFSense at home and stood up IP and DNS blacklists to reduce unneeded bandwidth utilization. I pulled down movies that my kids were watching often. It seems to have made a big dent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaefurr

Man, how much extra is unlimited? I ended up addressing it in the opposite method. I run PFSense at home and stood up IP and DNS blacklists to reduce unneeded bandwidth utilization. I pulled down movies that my kids were watching often. It seems to have made a big dent.

More than it should be, extra 50 a month.

I recently switched to AT&T fiber.  I'm not aware of any limits with it.  Anyone else out there have it and know differently?

If only there was good level fiber in my county.

Here, we are stuck with Comcast cable Internet and Century Link DSL.

My area is limited to 40Mbps on DSL. Comcast offers "gigabit" Internet >800 Mbps download and 42 Mbps upload. You have to move up to DOCSIS 3.1, but what is the use if I get rate limited at 1024 GB.

Honestly, I get irritated with both companies and their "swindeals" where in they try to up-charge consumers when billing intervals are up, The fantasy carrot of "bundling" services you don't need (home phones), or if you want a specific channel you have to "upgrade" two or three "swindeals" to get it with 50 other channels you are not interested in.

Longmont Colorado is now hosting gigabit symmetrical Internet for 49.95/month.

Fort Collins has approved a 150 million dollar bond to implement Internet as a utility. 19 more counties are in favor of City owned Internet access.

Private ISP providers are working hard to put laws into place that keep governments from offering Internet access as a utility and so far seem unwilling to adapt to new consumer needs of give me the Internet I want at a reasonable price and don't give me any extra pitch...

Edited by Tur0k

Blueeyiz702

So i need to find out why my speed drops so much with my VPN turned on? I have 1.04 gig connection with Cox Cable and it seems it should not drop this much,anybody no why or what i can do to fix besides

turn off VPN .I would appreciate it,and i know if i turn vpn off it goe sback to normal but is there a way without turning off vpn. P.I.A is provider.

6828424026.png