DTS-HD to Dobly Digital Issues - Shield TV / Sonos Beam / LG OLED

schn0052

tedfroop21
On 11/02/2024 at 13:18, schn0052 said:

Emby is not and my TV doesn't support DTS.

..... and because your TV is the device Emby asks what video and audio it supports so it can present the proper streams for it to play.  And if it has no idea what the audio format is, it asks for the audio in a different format it can play.  Even if you are using an AVR that decodes the DTS-HD audio stream,  because the TV is the device that sets which stream it can understand, it will transcode.  And yes it will transcode even if you have audio set to passthrough,  because the TV always determines the audio stream.

It's highly likely it will play some DTS, but the highest level is likely DTS 5.1.

I know because - been there done that.....so my new TV is DTS compatible and plays audio without transcoding.

I don't know the Shield box well but there is likely a mode you can use to get Emby to remux the sound itself.

Edited by tedfroop21

• 2 weeks later...
mike3231

@schn0052- I'm not sure if there has been a new version released but this is now working for me! Can you try it??

If it's still not working for you then try deleting the app and reinstalling but when signing in... use the IP address of the server manually rather than Emby Connect.

I moved my setup to a new server a few weeks back and used Emby Connect to login and I was having the same issue, but I was also having delayed startup with the app so I thought maybe it had cached my old server details and was trying those before it eventually used the new details so I decided to delete the app and then log in with the IP and it sorted the speed issue when logging into the app. So I thought I'll try convert unsupported audio to DD5.1 again expecting it to fail and it was now working fine and converting DTS:X content to DD 5.1 with no issues!

• Thanks 1