Emby Live TV when Internet is out

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

Yesterday, much of the east coast was slammed with storms. We had fires caused by blown down transformers, ambulances were going everywhere, and wind was reaching 50 MPH at times. Of course, my internet went down during this time so it made it difficult to check the weather and follow the news. 

But luckily, I have an OTA antenna connected with a HDHomeRun device to Emby, which is all on large battery backups. I got on Emby to check the weather to make sure there weren't any known tornadoes in my area and much to my surprise, despite having Emby Premiere for years now, I was told I need to get it to access Live TV from my phone and desktop. I don't use it often, I mostly use emby on our Samsung TV, which our kids were using to watch Emby because the internet got knocked out.  

My question is, is there any way I can avoid this in the future? How can I be sure that when the internet goes out, I can still access emby. I have had an Emby Premiere Perpetual license for years now and when I needed it the most, it failed. I also remember a time when the activation server went wonky a few years ago and it caused everyone's Emby to hang.

On a side note, the Samsung TV app seemed to hang every few seconds, I assume that is not related as I have been having a few other issues in my lab. But wanted to ask if it could be related. 

380788969_EmbyFail.thumb.png.80075be166276d511037b941228a536d.png

Edited by Darkstyrm
  • Like 2