Allow SOME collections to not be grouped.

steveblair

steveblair

Let's see if I can describe this request clearly....I'd like the ability for certain collections to be able to "override" the "group items into collections" option.

For example, I have three Captain America movies under one Captain America Collection....great. When I'm scrolling through my movies library I see that one entry in the C's.  I also have an "MCU collection" which includes all the MCU films. If I have "group items into collections" turned on, I can still see Captain America, Thor, Avengers, etc. when I'm scrolling because they have their own separate collections. BUT, I don't see Shang-Chi or the Eternals unless I go into the MCU collection specifically, because they're (currently) one-offs.

Another example....I'd like to have a "Stephen King" collection, but also still list all of the movies alphabetically (perhaps I forgot that King wrote Stand By Me and wondered why I couldn't find it)

Does that make sense? Not wanting to mention the "other guys" but Plex has "collection mode" for each collection, which allows you to choose to hide or show items for each... which is basically what I'm hoping for I guess 😀

Hi, something like collection mode is certainly possible for future updates. thanks.