`emby-server` won't start on a fresh Raspberry Pi install

NaturalBornCamp

NaturalBornCamp

Hello, just installed the server on a fresh Raspbian Image and service will not start:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service emby-server status
● emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: signal) since Tue 2022-03-29 19:17:26 EDT; 1h 57min ago
    Process: 360 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=killed, signal=ILL)
   Main PID: 360 (code=killed, signal=ILL)
        CPU: 65ms

Mar 29 19:17:25 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
Mar 29 19:17:26 raspberrypi systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL
Mar 29 19:17:26 raspberrypi systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Is it because Raspberry PIs cannot act as servers?

CassTG

Have you tried using Diet-Pi as the base os, this was the only OS i used on Pi's because its slim but feature packed and they have a great responsive dev team

However the main reason i recommend it is they have a built in software installer as part of the os set up process. Here you can select Emby amongst many other software options and they do all the configuration on first install, be interesting to see if it works on that distro for you

1383816325_Screenshot2022-03-30at19_54_42.jpg.729c3c41c1c1c16638cbad03dca3cfde.jpg

Dietpi can be found here: DietPi Website just click on download then PI and then choose the option that matches your model (they have 64bit for modern Pis and 32bit for all pis)

NaturalBornCamp

Thanks for the suggestion friend!

Emby is not in the list however,  I even tried the search function

image.png.5b6208f8fcba84efc3710112e059298d.png

Could be because it's arm6, but Emby installed successfully with the deb package previously (Just the service didn't run)

Edited by NaturalBornCamp

CassTG

Yes i think thats what they stated was the original arm v6 zero which is the original not the new one with the pi3b chipset

OK i don't believe we have a compatible package for this older chipset, sorry. Given that Emby Server is built with .NET, the support would have to first come from the .NET runtime in order for us to proceed further.

NaturalBornCamp

The app installs without problem though. Usually incompatible software doesn't install on RPI0 when the architecture isn't compatible.

There is a new RPI0 with a pi3b chipset?? I didn't know that 😮

CassTG
3 hours ago, NaturalBornCamp said:

The app installs without problem though. Usually incompatible software doesn't install on RPI0 when the architecture isn't compatible.

There is a new RPI0 with a pi3b chipset?? I didn't know that 😮

Yes it was released a few months back, i managed to get hold of one pre mass release and did some OC testing for the dietpi team so they could create auto profiles, it was a nic little device to be fair, a lot moor oomph and exact same form factor so old cases etc work, has extra ram also if i recall

Edited by CassTG

NaturalBornCamp

And I saw it has a Cortex-A53 64-bit processor, so it might work out-of-the-box with Emby