FLAKEY EMBY Theatre all of a sudden

Robnaeyaert

Robnaeyaert

Hi Emby

RUNNING = Emby Theater 3.0.15 / Server = 4.6.7.0

All of a sudden I'm having flakey Emby issues where the player simply crashes to a blank screen, and I also get lots of "playback errors no compatible streams" and also the playback screen (first image below) is missing details like image, info etc.

When I try to rewind on the progress bar it dumps me out sometimes and I need to restart the video.

Just to be clear, these are videos I've played successfully for years so this is all of a sudden.

Did a recent update get put out that might be causing this?  It's been flakey for about a week and it was rock solid for a long time.

Cheers Rob

IMG_4881.thumb.jpg.2d74c07093b16a58b059c94b45d2fc73.jpgIMG_4880.thumb.jpg.667800502f75c2af1777f6b2e8307253.jpg

Edited by Robnaeyaert

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

Robnaeyaert
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

Sure here are a few logs - one recent and one last night.

Just so you're aware I tested my Samsung TV to see if the EMBY app on that was behaving and it is so all the issues I'm having seems to point to Emby Theatre on my PC

Cheers

embyserver.txt embyserver-63784108788 (1).txt

Robnaeyaert
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What time did the problem occur?

I’m not sure it’s been a problem for a week or so. 
I’ve not done anything to this PC and as mentioned my Samsung acts as it should. 

Has there been a recent update to Theatre?

Robnaeyaert

OK here is a fresh log - this happened again at 6:09pm when I played The Book of Bubba Fett

I get a "Playback error" and then the file plays but the user inteface (progress line) does not move and no image or chapter details.

It's super weird

embyserver (1).txt

This shouldn't matter, but as a test, can you try removing the playback reporting plugin and then restarting the server? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Robnaeyaert
5 hours ago, Luke said:

This shouldn't matter, but as a test, can you try removing the playback reporting plugin and then restarting the server? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

OK I tried that - removed the playback reporting plugin and restarted the server and the issue is the same.

Have a look at the image below - when the playback of the video file crashes I can see my desktop wallpaper through the Theatre app.  

Then I tried playing the file through the usual browser and it played OK.

Plus when use Emby on my iPhone the files play perfectly - I'm assuming the server is transcoding?  I'm guessing - I'm not technical

I think the problem might be that the files I'm playing are HVEC.  Season 2,3,4 of Formula One I noticed are all HVEC encoded yet Season 1 is H264 and I have no issues playing Season 1.

So the issue seems to be related to Theatre playing the files on the same Server (my lounge NUC).  All other players (like my Samsung TV app) play the files well.

Could this be codec related and if so, how do I fix that please?

IMG_4884.thumb.jpg.8d0a51d0f0dd42c19899b4bf0e2f2b65.jpg

Edited by Robnaeyaert

dansblackcat
On 29/03/2022 at 14:09, Robnaeyaert said:

OK here is a fresh log - this happened again at 6:09pm when I played The Book of Bubba Fett

I get a "Playback error" and then the file plays but the user inteface (progress line) does not move and no image or chapter details.

It's super weird

embyserver (1).txt 628.3 kB · 2 downloads

Hey,  when you get the playback error does the clock remain visible in the top right corner once the media begins playing?