Unable to connect on Apple TV

RaptorCentauri

RaptorCentauri

Hello,

I have a user who is having issues connecting with Apple TV via remote connection. They are able to connect with the iOS app, as well as through a web browser.

We have tried the following on the Apple TV:

Manually enter in server address - Response: "We are unable to connect..."

Sign in with emby connect: Login works and pin is confirmed. User is presented with server selections, Emby.Tower (this is the correct one), and Tower (this is an old server that has not removed itself for some reason). User clicks on Emby.Tower and is presented with the same error. "We are unable to connect..."

We have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, power cycling the Apple TV, I have removed and readded the emby connect name in their profile. All efforts result in failure.

If it is helpful, the here is how the server is setup:

Emby docker running in unraid v 4.6.7.0

Connection is via a reverse proxy using NGINX Proxy manager

There is a wildcard cert via Let's Encrypt - DuckDNS

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @RaptorCentauri the problem could be due to Apple TV rejecting your SSL certificate. Are you able to temporarily allow plain http to test and verify that?

RaptorCentauri

I was actually able to solve this. It was a misconfigured certificate that was actually causing problems beyond Emby.

1 hour ago, RaptorCentauri said:

I was actually able to solve this. It was a misconfigured certificate that was actually causing problems beyond Emby.

Thanks for the feedback !

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 1:56 AM, RaptorCentauri said:

Hi there. Would you be willing to share what you did to fix this? I am experiencing the same issue after my certificate (also Let's Encrypt) was renewed.

Edited by ajcdk
Grammar fix.

RaptorCentauri
5 minutes ago, ajcdk said:

Hi there. Would you be willing to share what you did to fix this? I am experiencing the same issue after my certificate (also Let's Encrypt) was renewed.

I just deleted and then recreated the certs. I also moved away from a wildcard one and did a cert for everything that needed it. Sorry I do not have more helpful details.

• Thanks 1