Emby HEVC Transcode Killer

bakes82

fbpeffer
17 minutes ago, fbpeffer said:

Hey, just want to add that I'm running this on the latest beta and the nag works fine, but its allowing 4k video to transcode. Log attached here.

embyserver.txt 52.32 kB · 0 downloads

Adding on top of this that I’m getting the nag message for video even when it’s direct playing? Maybe I’ve got something set up wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
bakes82
On 7/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, fbpeffer said:

Adding on top of this that I’m getting the nag message for video even when it’s direct playing? Maybe I’ve got something set up wrong?

I updated the nag logic so it now checks if its transcoding before it just checked if the nag option was enabled, my bad.  It should be on github in a few min.

Also this doesnt kill 4k, it kills HEVC or x265, so if you have a 4k file and its in x264 it wont kill it.  The issue is usually around transcoding x265 content not the resolution.  This means it will also kill any x265 content if its 1080p and they want to take it down to 720p.

fbpeffer
34 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

I updated the nag logic so it now checks if its transcoding before it just checked if the nag option was enabled, my bad.  It should be on github in a few min.

Also this doesnt kill 4k, it kills HEVC or x265, so if you have a 4k file and its in x264 it wont kill it.  The issue is usually around transcoding x265 content not the resolution.  This means it will also kill any x265 content if its 1080p and they want to take it down to 720p.

Awesome, thanks for all the work.

None of my 4k files should be 264 but I'll try again with the new version.

bakes82
3 minutes ago, fbpeffer said:

Awesome, thanks for all the work.

None of my 4k files should be 264 but I'll try again with the new version.

Let me know.  I do try to log a good bit of info so you guys have an idea of whats going on ;)

So if there is a transcoded file you should see the log for Is Direct Audio <T/F>, Is Direct Video <T/F>, Video Codec <the codec of the file>

Then based on the logic IE kill audio = true and audio is direct = false, and codec = hevc kill stream.
image.thumb.png.c3c1c50f9cf9545b330081d039147bab.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Stevepruebas

Hi @bakes82thank you very much for this plugin!

I use only the Nag and Video warning... it´s great!

I don´t use Audio transcode warning, some players (like chrome) can´t play EAC5.1, so user can't fix it.