Client Design: Hide Sidebars (Sort, filter controls)

Romek123

Romek123

I love the Emby Client - it looks good and its kinda handy, but the top and sidebars always visible is a moodbreaker.

bars like this are tools, not design elements. they should only show up when i move per remote control to top or to side. This client would look rellay good when bars could be hidden.

So my suggestion is: Please give us an option in client to hide the bars - to make them only visible when move top or right out of screen

P.S. maybe this is possible already - i looked for it but could not find

MBSki
49 minutes ago, Romek123 said:

I love the Emby Client - it looks good and its kinda handy, but the top and sidebars always visible is a moodbreaker.

I know the top bar is always there, but the sidebar isn't. What client are you using? The TV clients don't have any sidebar and on mobile clients the sidebar only shows up when you click the sidebar option in the top left.

Romek123

Could not answer earlier i was at work. Did not know there are difference in clients. I use the client on Nvidia shield pro - so i guess android?

and i love the side bad - its very usefull - but i just don't wanna see it all the time when not using it

seanbuff

Hmm what version of the Android TV app are you using on your Shield,  because there has definitely been no side bar for many years. 🤔

• Agree 1

Romek123

ok i don't know how i could make a screenshot on my nvidia shield so i googled for one - this symbols on the right side for favorites, filter etc.

963119042_atv21.thumb.png.1599746becbeaa05c9cb710a819bc0da.png

Romek123

hi luke - i would love to have them same as it is now. it just should be hidden and appear when move the cursor to the rightout of screen. same as i would move to this icons anyway.

i googled for "hide menubar mouseover" and found this video in attachements.  An effect like this would be nice for the client.

watch[1]

Edited by Romek123

seanbuff
2 hours ago, Romek123 said:

it just should be hidden and appear when move the cursor to the rightout of screen.

How would anyone know they were there if they were hidden by default?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Romek123

if they were hidden by default?

It could be an option in cofiguration. Like:

Bars always shown or fade out unused bars

"always shown" should be the default configuration from the start

Edited by Romek123

2 hours ago, seanbuff said:

How would anyone know they were there if they were hidden by default?

This would be my biggest issue.  It is a small tool bar that isn't taking up any space.  The posters wouldn't move further to the right because then you wouldn't have room for the count at the bottom.  In landscape layouts, vertical space is at a premium while horizontal space is a bit more available.

• Agree 2