how to create page id on login page to target the back arrow in header

cochize1

cochize1

I have a fairly simple task (get rid of the back arrow on the main login page only) and cannot find a way to do it:

I wanted to target the page id to the login page by adding ' id="loginPage" ' to the login.html file in dashboard-ui/startup folder like this:

<div id="loginPage" is="emby-scroller" class="view flex flex-direction-column scrollFrameY flex-grow" data-mousewheel="true" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="card">
    <div class="scrollSlider flex flex-grow flex-direction-column padded-top-page padded-bottom-page">

<div class="verticalSection flex-shrink-zero flex flex-direction-column padded-bottom">
            <div class="padded-left padded-right flex align-items-center justify-content-center flex-direction-column">
                <h1 class="sectionTitle sectionTitle-cards" style="margin:0;">${HeaderPleaseSignIn}</h1>
            </div>
        </div>

<div is="emby-itemscontainer" class="vertical-wrap centered itemsContainer padded-top padded-bottom padded-left padded-right">
        </div>

<p class="disclaimer hide" style="text-align: center;margin:0;"></p>
    </div>
</div>

and then target only this page in CSS by using this code:

#loginPage button.headerBackButton {display:none;}

but this doesn't work. When I use only the part of the code without #loginPage it get rid of the back arrow on all the pages.

Any help?

Happy2Play

Will have to take a look at this but skinheader is separate from page so id only applies to page content not header.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, cochize1 said:

Can I count on you to check if there is any way to target the skinheader? Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure there isn't as we have the same issues with library tabs.

Happy2Play

Only did minimal testing but how about this?

div.skinHeader button.headerBackButton:not(div.skinHeader.skinHeader-withBackground button.headerBackButton) {display: none;}

• Thanks 1

cochize1

Yes, great, this seems to be working now, but this shifts the logo to the left to much and this code does not seem to be working with this bit

{visibility: hidden;}

Is there way to hide the arrow insted of 'erasing' it?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

Yes, great, this seems to be working now, but this shifts the logo to the left to much and this code does not seem to be working with this bit

{visibility: hidden;}

Is there way to hide the arrow insted of 'erasing' it?

Not sure I follow as it works just fine in my test with visibility instead of display.

div.skinHeader button.headerBackButton:not(div.skinHeader.skinHeader-withBackground button.headerBackButton) {visibility: hidden;}

image.thumb.png.62376087d730e34ae00834b99e12f329.png

cochize1

I have just noticed that the arrow is missing from the player window view  as well now (not sure if I explained that correctly, an arrow in the window when you are watching something).

And also copied your code with visibilty and for some reason it does not work (tested on chrome and firfox)

Happy2Play

Yep I see additional code that can be used to prevent this in OSD.

div.skinHeader button.headerBackButton:not(div.skinHeader.skinHeader-withBackground button.headerBackButton):not(div.skinHeader.videoOsdHeader button.headerBackButton) {visibility: hidden;}

Have no issues in Edge/Chrome/Firefox.

Happy2Play

If it is not working for you, have you tested with this code by itself?

cochize1

yup, seems to be workig fine when I use JUST this code. That means that some other part of my css must be interfering with 'visibility' (as 'display' works correctly). Guess I will have to check that bit by bit by myself now... Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

yup, seems to be workig fine when I use JUST this code. That means that some other part of my css must be interfering with 'visibility' (as 'display' works correctly). Guess I will have to check that bit by bit by myself now... Thanks.

You can pm or post your complete code and I can try and see where the conflict is.

cochize1

just PM'd you my whole code, it's a bit of a mess with some hyperlinks so didn't want to send it here.

If you could have a look I would be much obliged.