Music: "Various" folder and files keep disappearing from library

phunzie

quickmic

Also I see you removed a folder. I assume this was the artist folder. In the current version there is a bug when removing folders (also covered in next version), but again. Shouldn't be related to the reported issue.

Which content was actually removed (wrongly)? Can you name a label of the song/album/artist which caused the issue?

Edited by quickmic

phunzie

see this comment showing tags of one of the the problem folders:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/106812-music-various-folder-and-files-keep-disappearing-from-library/&do=findComment&comment=1132679

and this comment with screenshots shows the before and after both problem folders, West Side Story and xVarious Artistsx     https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/106812-music-various-folder-and-files-keep-disappearing-from-library/&do=findComment&comment=1128526

Edited by phunzie
  • Like 1

quickmic

Ok, so still the same album/artist. I was hoping something different this time.

phunzie

yes, it's ONLY the items that have tags where Artist tag is not the same as the AlbumArtist tag....all other tracks that are tagged with Artist the same as AlbumArtist (majority of my library) never have a problem....and this issue is only with the plug-in,  Emby Server never drops these items 

Edited by phunzie
  • Like 1

quickmic
11 hours ago, phunzie said:

yes, it's ONLY the items that have tags where Artist tag is not the same as the AlbumArtist tag....all other tracks that are tagged with Artist the same as AlbumArtist (majority of my library) never have a problem....and this issue is only with the plug-in,  Emby Server never drops these items 

Have played West side story before it was removed?

phunzie

not immediately before, but in the past, yes it was played...as well as many of the 1,000+ other tracks/albums that were dropped, that were tagged xVarious Artistx as the AlbumArtist, but with the actual artist name as the Artist

• Like 1

quickmic

Please try version 7.3.1. I've fixed several music related (sync) issue.

Edited by quickmic

• 4 weeks later...
quickmic

Checking, did you experience this issue also with latest version (currently 7.6.1)?

phunzie

i’m away on holiday, so won’t be using E4K for a while, but as of a week ago i hadn’t had a problem using the latest release

Edited by phunzie
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
38 minutes ago, phunzie said:

i’m away on holiday, so won’t be using E4K for a while, but as of a week ago i hadn’t had a problem using the latest release

Ok, happy holiday. Keep me updated.