Auto Delete failed DVR/Recording

swenth

swenth

Would be cool to add a feature that prevent to have incomplete recording in library could add a option to not keep content below a certain percentage of time. It happen often that m3u fail and i miss 30 minutes and more of a recording 

Edited by swenth
add more informations
  • Agree 3

Hi, yes it's certainly possible to make this an option. I think first we need more reporting of recording activity and history because it may leave people wondering what happened to their recordings.

• Agree 1

nyplayer

We need alerts of failed recordings ... I am trying to capture full series ... but am disappointed when I go to watch an episode and find only 21 minutes of the hour show recorded. This is a show stopper to record full series for me. no indication at all that the episode failed.

• Agree 2

• 5 months later...

we could use the length to make a availability percentage and then after that we could manage emby to get rid in a recycle bin everything that is below certain percentage because it a problem for me im getting drive full of currupts files.

téléchargé.png

• 6 months later...
Tony B.

I'll throw my hat in on this. No reason to keep it around of it's partial, especially if someone has 'Don't record episodes already in my library and it's on again with the West channels but it won't record because it thinks it's already recorded.

On 4/1/2023 at 1:47 AM, Tony B. said:

I'll throw my hat in on this. No reason to keep it around of it's partial, especially if someone has 'Don't record episodes already in my library and it's on again with the West channels but it won't record because it thinks it's already recorded.

Yes that’s a valid point about thinking that it’s already recorded. I think the server should do better to inform you so that you can make your own decision.

swenth
50 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes that’s a valid point about thinking that it’s already recorded. I think the server should do better to inform you so that you can make your own decision.

maybe just a option to not keep uncomplete content in that case it would get deleted automatically and attempted next recording

i have to clean theses all the time and we cant trust the file size for that

jhjk.png.a237616ce5df94cbaffd8717e3854529.png

• Thanks 1

Tony B.

The best idea probably is, a recording option that says "Delete Partially Recorded"  with an extra option below that which says 'Notify'..

This should be present on the single show recording options and the global recording options in the Live TV setup. (Or maybe the notify option should just be global)

Emby has an ability to notify and doesn't seem to use it anywhere near as much as 'other media servers' do....

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tony B. said:

What are the chances of seeing this in the near future?

HI, it's certainly possible. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Tony B.

Let me know who to send the logs to. It's bad.

I would figure you want the logs from the past days so I won't restart the server for a fresh log.