Different handling for episode card/thumbnail filename (neutral)

heciruam

heciruam

I want a change in the naming convention that Emby uses for the thumbnails of episodes. I use a lot of "custom" episode/thumbnail cards from reddit

Currently they have to have the same name as the actual episode file + "-thumb".

So if the video file is called "series.s01e01.pilot.x264" the thumbnail/episode card file will be called "series.s01e01.pilot.x264-thumb"

Since I have sometimes multiple files per episodes like an HD or 4K Version which creates two separate episode/thumbnail cards.

I would like Emby to use a neutral naming convention let's say something like "s01e01-thumb", so both versions point at the same thumbnail/title card file. This would also come in handy when I re-encode video files (with a new name) and don't have to go and rename the titlecards as well.

I hope it's possible.

cheers

Edited by heciruam
  • Like 1

Hi, yes I see what you're getting at. It makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Outbound

I agree, having a change of displays for posters, backdrops and synopsis when switching between theatrical and directors cut would be really cool.

heciruam
20 hours ago, Outbound said:

I agree, having a change of displays for posters, backdrops and synopsis when switching between theatrical and directors cut would be really cool.

I'm advocating for the opposite.

It would probably still work if there is a standard poster just called "poster.jpg" used for all versions unless there is a separate one that is called exactly like the specific videofile "movie.dc.year.1080p.x265-poster.jpg"