Terramaster Update Blocked Emby Plugin

STR8

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with the terramaster nas. It updated the TOS to the new version 4.2.30 and it blocked the emby plugin. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still saying that it's blocked

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.90c6099a3cea7829f2d545edcb618e8d.png

I didn't change anything the update ran and boom this content is blocked any advice on what to do and how to fix?

I didn't know if this mattered but I said what the heck and installed plex and plex works just fine... I NEED HELP PLEASE!

Hi, yes we're looking into it. 

You might still be able to access from other devices though.

Kruedog

Getting same error after updating to 4.2.30. I did a factory reset but still getting the same error. No issues running Plex. I was able to access it remotely on other devices until I did the factory reset but now I'm unable to open the page to configure Emby Server 

image.png.69d012d2805cad2a48d65fef232f9026.png

Using a web browser instead of TOS will work just fine. This is due to the way the web app is rendered from inside the TOS interface and it needs adjustment following the new TOS release. 

But using the web app standalone without going through TOS will be just fine.

We are working on getting an update submitted to TerraMaster to resolve this. Thanks.

Hopeab

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been an update on what is going on?

I have been unable to contact my server through Emby at all! May that be through the web, app or anything. 

Like other I have uninstalled and did a fresh install on there server. I have even factory rest my server but still nothing other than rebuilding my file structure on my server.

Any update would be great. Thanks

7 hours ago, Hopeab said:

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been an update on what is going on?

I have been unable to contact my server through Emby at all! May that be through the web, app or anything. 

Like other I have uninstalled and did a fresh install on there server. I have even factory rest my server but still nothing other than rebuilding my file structure on my server.

Any update would be great. Thanks

Hi, the workaround for now is to use a web browser to open the Emby web app instead of the Terramaster TOS interface. We are working on getting this resolved and our TerraMaster package updated.

Hopeab

Thank you for the update.

Stupid question time….. but I still can not login! It just comes up that the server cannot be connected too. Please make sure it is running. I then went back to the normal login and it shows that the app is not running. I click to start it and it stops again. 🤷‍♂️ For information that is through the website login. As a thought if the app can not run on the server then I would have thought that it would not work from the web interface. All the same I am open to any ideas you can give me to work around this somehow. 

Edited by Hopeab

On 3/3/2022 at 11:45 PM, Luke said:

Using a web browser instead of TOS will work just fine. This is due to the way the web app is rendered from inside the TOS interface and it needs adjustment following the new TOS release. 

But using the web app standalone without going through TOS will be just fine.

We are working on getting an update submitted to TerraMaster to resolve this. Thanks.

The 4.6.7 packages have been updated with a fix if you'd like to manually install from our website:

https://emby.media/download

We'll be submitting this to TerraMaster as well so you can also wait for the update in TOS. Thanks.

Hopeab

Hi,

I saw this morning that there was a new update on the Terra server and I have installed it.

At first it kind of worked. I had to make a new setup due to deleting Emby to find out the original problem. Once I did that and linked in my folders with films in I went to link my account to it for my premium. It would not go through. It just kept on thinking about it but not doing anything. After about 20-25mins I closed the page and went to open Emby again. It asked me to log in to my account and it would not recognise my user name or password that I had made when I did the new setup. I then tried to uninstall the app and do a fresh install and the same problem there. It shows that it is uninstalling but nothing happens beyond that. It does not uninstall if I even restart the server! I did manage once (by luck) to get the program to uninstall from my server but when I installed it again I had the same problems as above again.

I am at a total loss at what too do! I have tried to down load the update from the Emby site but when installing it tells me I have the most up to date on there (it still would not uninstall).   

30 minutes ago, Hopeab said:

Hi,

I saw this morning that there was a new update on the Terra server and I have installed it.

At first it kind of worked. I had to make a new setup due to deleting Emby to find out the original problem. Once I did that and linked in my folders with films in I went to link my account to it for my premium. It would not go through. It just kept on thinking about it but not doing anything. After about 20-25mins I closed the page and went to open Emby again. It asked me to log in to my account and it would not recognise my user name or password that I had made when I did the new setup. I then tried to uninstall the app and do a fresh install and the same problem there. It shows that it is uninstalling but nothing happens beyond that. It does not uninstall if I even restart the server! I did manage once (by luck) to get the program to uninstall from my server but when I installed it again I had the same problems as above again.

I am at a total loss at what too do! I have tried to down load the update from the Emby site but when installing it tells me I have the most up to date on there (it still would not uninstall).   

Hi, can you please try the forgot password process?

Hopeab

Hi,

It is telling me the server has stopped. When I went to uninstall the app from my server to reinstall it will not complete the process. I can not start the program or uninstall it! When I do it just sits there saying that it is uninstalling. I have waited for close to an hour and nothing happens. I have tried other apps on the server and they work fine and update with no problems. 

I have tried logging in from the website but as the program is not starting on my server it just comes up telling me it is unable to connect to it.

53 minutes ago, Hopeab said:

Hi,

It is telling me the server has stopped. When I went to uninstall the app from my server to reinstall it will not complete the process. I can not start the program or uninstall it! When I do it just sits there saying that it is uninstalling. I have waited for close to an hour and nothing happens. I have tried other apps on the server and they work fine and update with no problems. 

I have tried logging in from the website but as the program is not starting on my server it just comes up telling me it is unable to connect to it.

Hi, can you try rebooting the Nas and then see if you're able to start the server?

Hopeab

Hi,

I have restarted the server three or four times now. When I do if I click on Emby it tells me it can not start. I try to uninstall it and it just hangs telling me it is uninstalling. 

Yugin1000

Hello.  After update , this mornig , nothing  works anymore.  After , uninstal , instal again ,  uninstal   and instal beta..  stil not   work ok. :(

4 hours ago, Yugin1000 said:

Hello.  After update , this mornig , nothing  works anymore.  After , uninstal , instal again ,  uninstal   and instal beta..  stil not   work ok. :(

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

Hopeab

Hi,

just to give you an update on what I have been trying too do.

I did a system configuration reset on drives. At first all looked to be working ok. I reinstalled all my apps (Emby included) and looked to work ok. I went in to Emby and opened ok and even let me log in. I then went to put in my code for my premium account and then it just hanged. After a time I decided to go to the home page and back but a lot of the options was missing.

I then closed the app and went to the server home page. The app would not open then. The icon has turned blue. 🤷‍♂️ The same with some of the other apps that I installed. I did a virus scan and nothing came up. I am starting to feel that Terramaster has really messed up the update.

So I am still no further to getting Emby to work.

Hope this helps.

image.jpg

Edited by Hopeab

Hopeab

Update of the update….

I have restarted my server and it let me in to Emby. It’s a start. I have tried to input my Premiere pass key but nothing happens. I just get a blue spinning wheel. It did show my films with no details to them but when I did a refresh to see if they details will show up the screen just goes blank. The only thing showing is the top bar with the home key and the likes.

I am going to stop there until you have had a chance to read all of my updates.

34 minutes ago, Yugin1000 said:

hi.thanks.i fix it. uninstal , delete files, and instl again. it works.

Where did you install from, the TOS catalog, or our website?

Yugin1000

Update: After  3-4  hours..   Emby server is "stoped" and mesage "update "  in TOS    Catalog. After update   i can't  make new librarys, and old ones  are gone.  Now i  will wait til the another new update  is coming . This one   is bad.:(

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-09 at 15.56.41.jpeg

Edited by Yugin1000