Update Playlists in Android TV App to Display Coverart & Thumbnails

Mister D

Mister D

Hi,

I would love if the video playlist view in the Android TV app was updated to match the Android mobile and Emby Theater versions. Both of those versions display movie posters for film playlists and episode thumbnails for TV show playlists while the Android TV app just shows a list with no images. See examples for both types below:

image.thumb.png.4c5ffd6cde0ad72f3b32bdac64acee5a.png

image.thumb.png.b7428b766289b2ade22ec16dc85486bc.png

Edited by Mister D
Removed duplicate image

Junglejim

@ebr Hi mate, Just wondering if these updates will make it to the Android TV app eventually? I've seen you suggest this a few times and its got me wondering if you plan to just have one Android app that covers both mobile/TV in the future?

7 hours ago, Junglejim said:

if you plan to just have one Android app that covers both mobile/TV in the future?

Yes, that is the ultimate goal.

• Like 1

Mister D
On 2/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  You can sideload the standard Android app onto your TV device to get this now if you wish.

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

I've already done this and did not like several other things about the Android app compared to the Android TV app. Hopefully, functionality from both is combined to make the Android TV app the best of both worlds whenever they are unified.

9 hours ago, Mister D said:

and did not like several other things about the Android app compared to the Android TV app

Hi.  Can you please create a new thread in the Android TV forum detailing what these were?

Thanks.

Junglejim
On 28/02/2022 at 01:59, ebr said:

Yes, that is the ultimate goal.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Sounds interesting! Hopefully as stated above by @Mister D it all works out ok. Only time will tell.

Cheers. 👍