Theme songs /videos: Gain volume

heula

radeon

I have deleted all my theme videos and used the default -15 setting but after downloading all the theme videos were extremely loud and have misformed audio. Is this -15 setting correct or do I need to set a lower level? Are theme songs being processed too (in the future)?

Well that's strange, can you give me some examples of show names and possibly upload some of the theme.mp4 so i can download? Just rename them to the show name.

Also a debug log please?

As for theme songs/movie vids, it will come if i don't drop this feature due to any issues

Well that's strange, can you give me some examples of show names and possibly upload some of the theme.mp4 so i can download? Just rename them to the show name.

Also a debug log please?

As for theme songs/movie vids, it will come if i don't drop this feature due to any issues

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/theme%20-15%20is%20loud.mp4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/server%20theme%20-15%20is%20loud.log

Hope this helps.

Deleted all again and changed to -60 but that too soft. Will test -30 soon.

radeon

I'm lost, your log doesn't have any of my debug in it at all and its not performing the correct lookup.

Can you make sure you have debugging enabled? restart your server And to keep things simple, lets pick on royal pains as our subject. Set the options back to -15, delete the filter for royal pains and run the scheduled task again, dont run any other scheduled tasks with it as that was just filling the log.

Cheers,

I'm lost, your log doesn't have any of my debug in it at all and its not performing the correct lookup.

Can you make sure you have debugging enabled? restart your server And to keep things simple, lets pick on royal pains as our subject. Set the options back to -15, delete the filter for royal pains and run the scheduled task again, dont run any other scheduled tasks with it as that was just filling the log.

Cheers,

Debug logging is on. I have a feeling it's going better right now. It's taking a lot longer before the downloading and all has finisht. It is still busy now.

Will return back when finisht with the results.

Cheesegeezer

@huela everybodies set up is going to be different, this normalises the audio during the download process and is very specific to themes downloaded, if you have any codecs installed please check any volume settings you have incase you've increased the gains in there or have normalise audio set in your codecs.

Its a bit of trial and error so you'll just have to find what level suits your set up.

@huela everybodies set up is going to be different, this normalises the audio during the download process and is very specific to themes downloaded, if you have any codecs installed please check any volume settings you have incase you've increased the gains in there or have normalise audio set in your codecs.

Its a bit of trial and error so you'll just have to find what level suits your set up.

I noticed yes. -60 was too soft and - 25 too loud. Testing now with -40.

Cheesegeezer

I noticed yes. -60 was too soft and - 25 too loud. Testing now with -40.

Do you have any codecs installed? Ffdshow/sharks/lav/cccp or any others out there?

Do you have any codecs installed? Ffdshow/sharks/lav/cccp or any others out there?

Just LAV but that doest'n normalize anything.

radeon

Just LAV but that doest'n normalize anything.

This isn't a codec issue, its something else going on, heula, your logs aren't containing my debug so something obviously isn't right. I'm going to do some looking into now.

mattyg8

I have all three of your video and theme song videos but cant seem to find where they are saved to delete and redownload

Woops was in hidden folder

Edited by mattyg8

radeon

I have all three of your video and theme song videos but cant seem to find where they are saved to delete and redownload

Woops was in hidden folder

:-D

Ill be interested to see your results on this as helua has had some issues. Can you enable debug logging in mbs before you run the new download and give me your log once it completes? (its under the advanced section on the left)

Thanks,

mattyg8

Ill wait for it to finish scanning my library then ill run the plug in...are movie themes and tv music getting the same updates

radeon

Ill wait for it to finish scanning my library then ill run the plug in...are movie themes and tv music getting the same updates

If I don't back out this feature altogether then yes. It all depends on how stable it is. With codecs\ av systems and several other potential contributing factors, this may just make the situation worse.

As it happens, it has leveled all of the volumes on my tv themes perfectly. I'm just hoping heula is a one off.

radeon

I wont be able to test it till i get home but can send you the log file when its done downloading

that would be great, did you:

1) enable debug logging?

2) use the default target volume of -15?

Also, if you could send me a few of the theme.mp4's it downloaded, so i can check them, that would be great! In particular, if you have it, the Royal Pains theme.mp4.

Just so i can compare with the one from heula and my own.

Cheers,

mattyg8

that would be great, did you:

1) enable debug logging?

2) use the default target volume of -15?

Also, if you could send me a few of the theme.mp4's it downloaded, so i can check them, that would be great! In particular, if you have it, the Royal Pains theme.mp4.

Just so i can compare with the one from heula and my own.

Cheers,

yeh I enable debug logging but I set it to -20

I can send you a few but dont have that show...whats the best way to send them

• Like 1

radeon

yeh I enable debug logging but I set it to -20

I can send you a few but dont have that show...whats the best way to send them

cool, thats alright. Do you have dropbox you can use?

radeon

@@mattyg8 Thanks very much for the pm,

from the sample themes you gave me, im glad to say its all working perfectly for you. Your max volumes are all set to the -20 you specified.

Heula is the problem, not me! ;-)

mattyg8

@@mattyg8 Thanks very much for the pm,

from the sample themes you gave me, im glad to say its all working perfectly for you. Your max volumes are all set to the -20 you specified.

Heula is the problem, not me! ;-)

Will test sounds when I get home but now you should update the other plug ins lol

radeon

@@radeon Thanks heaps for adding this. I won't get a chance to test till Sunday, but I'll let you know how I go.

I just hope it works as well for you as it has mattyg8! Heula is a whole other story! Running some tests though, so we should be able to work out whats going on.