4K HDR10 movies Problem

pat66655

29 minutes ago, pat66655 said:

My problem is not about the user interface but about playing 4k media with EAC3 8ch audio tracks. 🙂

but still briefly to the user interface. the letter bar in the films is missing. the keypad is not called up when a password or other entries are made.

Do you mean the a-z picker? It's on the left. Just make sure the sort order is sorting by title.

pat66655

OK. thx für die info.

Ich werde die neue Version erneut überprüfen, wenn das andere Problem gelöst ist🙂

Edited by pat66655

DarKni8
On 2/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, pat66655 said:

Little Update: If i use vlc as external player on my firetv, the eac3 8ch 4k movies are playing perfectly.

Have plex as a backup. Till emby devs sort this thing out.

rbjtech
1 minute ago, pat66655 said:

yes the 5.1 AC3 tracks work

Do you have an E-AC3 5.1 track to test with ?

rbjtech

ok - so we will need the Dev's to confirm this - but Exoplayer (the Android player) uses ffmpeg extensions to playback EAC3 - and there is a possibility that EAC3 7.1 is not yet supported in this build.

If this is the case then Emby should have recognised this limit and forced an Audio downmix to AC3 5.1 

tbh - I'm having trouble 'finding' a 7.1 EAC3 track to even test - All my 7.1 tracks are either True-HD or DTSHD.  Streamed EAC3 content I have is always 5.1 EAC3 ...

Edited by rbjtech

2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

but Exoplayer (the Android player) uses ffmpeg extensions to playback EAC3

That is not correct (in this instance anyway).  The Fire is reporting support for that audio track so we are using the native decoder for it.  However, there has been a history of issues on older Fire devices with some Dolby audio.  Exo (and we) have implemented some workarounds for this and I haven't seen any issues until this post - but maybe no one has this specific combination of 7.1 EAC3.

• Thanks 1

I actually think it is the bitrate of the audio track that is a problem.  Older Fire's have trouble with DD over 640kbs.  This track is 896k.  I'll tighten up the restriction for this audio and it should solve this for you.

1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

I have a bunch of EAC 7.1 and they play just fine using the latest beta on my Shield.  

Yeah, the Shield (and most other devices) won't have an issue.  It is older Fire devices that do.

• Like 1

rbjtech
On 15/02/2022 at 13:46, pat66655 said:

i have an Amazon fire tv Stick 4K and the emby app.

It's the 4K stick - so it should support it just fine and the Amazon Dev specs confirm this - but they don't mention bitrate.

1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

but they don't mention bitrate

Right because all the DD this device is expected to see would be below this bitrate.

33 minutes ago, pat66655 said:

is there anything i can do?

You can test the next beta release of the app when it is ready.

Thanks.