4K HDR10 movies Problem

pat66655

pat66655

Hello,

i have an Amazon fire tv Stick 4K and the emby app.

I tried to play 4K HDR10 movies, but it doesn't work. The emby Server shows that the movie is playing directly without any transcoding.

On the fire tv Stick, i only get a black screen.

Have anyone an idea how i get this thing working?

Best regards

Pat

GrimReaper

Hey up, see:

Additionally, you can submit in-app logs:

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new tile on your home page settings row (or menu option on the user menu at the top) labelled "Send Log".  Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

pat66655

I tried to play the 4k HDR films with Plex on the fire tv. it worked straight away with no problems. I will generate the logs from emby today in the evening.

• Thanks 1

pat66655

Hello, I was able to narrow down the problem now. It's the audio tracks. DTS-HD audio tracks now work. I have the DTS passthrough option for that
 and DTS-HD passthrough disabled.
With the EAC3 8-channel audio tracks, it starts to jerk. Is there a way to force the EAC3 8 channel audio tracks to be transcoded into a different format?

pat66655

when I select the DTS audio track, it plays smoothly. if I select the eac3 audio track, it only plays smoothly with the playback correction

12 minutes ago, pat66655 said:

I installed the apk from the link listed above. however, the user interface is not optimized for firetv.

HI, why do you think that it isn't optimized for firetv?

pat66655

because it is an Android app for smartphones and tablets and not for firetv.

the user interface is secondary to my problem. It doesn't work with the newer version either. EAC3 8ch audio tracks are not played back and it jerks a lot, although directplay is shown in the statistics view.

15 minutes ago, pat66655 said:

because it is an Android app for smartphones and tablets and not for firetv.

the user interface is secondary to my problem. It doesn't work with the newer version either. EAC3 8ch audio tracks are not played back and it jerks a lot, although directplay is shown in the statistics view.

Actually it's for all devices, including TV devices. What is the issue with the user interface?

pat66655

My problem is not about the user interface but about playing 4k media with EAC3 8ch audio tracks. 🙂

but still briefly to the user interface. the letter bar in the films is missing. the keypad is not called up when a password or other entries are made.