Jump to content

Please, Add a HW+ decoder in the Emby app client for Android TV


Fabian2101
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fabian2101

I want to suggest you to add powerful HW+ decoder in Emby Android TV client app. In this way, a totally fluid reproduction is ensured without jerks and without jumps in the image of all devices with the Android TV operating system.
MX Player app (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive), managed to achieve wonderful results in fully smooth playback without stuttering or skips on Android TV images with its powerful HW+ video decoder.

Do you know if the internal player in the Plex Android TV client app has an HW+ decoder?
It is that the Plex client works almost identically to the MX player, without jerks and without startles in the images.

Thanks.  greetings

Edited by Fabian2101
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with this. After trying out MX Player and Kodi and seeing them handle the stylized subs without issue while the built in Emby Exoplayer stumbled and hitched on the same Chromecast with Google TV it's pretty apparent the Emby player needs better hardware acceleration.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fabian2101
49 minutes ago, Mister D said:

I agree with this. After trying out MX Player and Kodi and seeing them handle the stylized subs without issue while the built in Emby Exoplayer stumbled and hitched on the same Chromecast with Google TV it's pretty apparent the Emby player needs better hardware acceleration.

Thank you very much for stimulating my suggestion and request.  At the moment I have turned off the Emby server, and turned on the Plex server again because the internal player of its Android TV client works much better, identical to the MX player.  Greeting

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, Fabian2101 said:

I want to suggest you to add powerful HW+ decoder in Emby Android TV client app. In this way, a totally fluid reproduction is ensured without jerks and without jumps in the image of all devices with the Android TV operating system.
MX Player app (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive), managed to achieve wonderful results in fully smooth playback without stuttering or skips on Android TV images with its powerful HW+ video decoder.

Do you know if the internal player in the Plex Android TV client app has an HW+ decoder?
It is that the Plex client works almost identically to the MX player, without jerks and without startles in the images.

Thanks.  greetings

I'm curious about it, do you have some exemple i could check to compare ? 

(I'm running both, Plex and Emby) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tangsgod said:

I'm curious about it, do you have some exemple i could check to compare ? 

(I'm running both, Plex and Emby) 

If you don't mind looking for [EMBER] Shingeki no Kyojin S04E21(E80) [1080p] [HEVC 10 bits WEBRip] (Attack on Titan), you can try out the end credits which have pretty stylized karaoke subtitles. Works fine on my Nvidia Shield but my Chromecast with Google TVs have a fit trying to play the HEVC file along with the subs while Kodi, VLC, and MX Player have no problem playing the same file on both machines..

Edited by Mister D
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fabian2101
17 hours ago, Tangsgod said:

I'm curious about it, do you have some exemple i could check to compare ? 

(I'm running both, Plex and Emby) 

 You can also try the following file, the last episode of the first season finale, that with Emby on my Philips 55OLED873 TV, all the time the movements in the images are jerks and startles, but with Plex you get a completely smooth playback without jerks and without any startles in the images of camera movements. Greeting

Yellowjackets.S01E10.Sic.Transit.Gloria.Mundi.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.H.265-NTb – 6.2 GB

 

https://hdencode.org/yellowjackets-s01e10-sic-transit-gloria-mundi-2160p-web-dl-ddp5-1-hdr-h-265-ntb-6-2-gb/

Edited by Fabian2101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...