Many inconvenience, and Annoyance Using External Player.

Fabian2101

Fabian2101

As the internal player of the Emby app for Android TV is unable to have a powerful video decoder with HW+ configuration, identical to the HW+ decoder of the MX player (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive), which is one of the few players that achieves smooth playback with no stuttering and no skipping on my main TV. For this reason I am forced to use the Emby app for Android TV with the external player MX (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive) that with its powerful HW+ video decoder works wonders getting totally smooth playback, without jerks and without jumps in the images.

For all that I have explained above, I request that you please try to make the Emby server for Windows operating system more compatible, and also the Emby app for Android TV, so that both the server and the Emby app work better with the player. external MX (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive), and the following errors and problems that I am going to give you below are solved:

1) When I'm watching the episodes of the TV strips, I have to manually mark each episode as fully played.

2) When stopping playback in the middle of an episode, or a movie, to play again I have to manually find the exact minute and second to continue watching. It is unable to resume playback from the minute and second of the stop position. So I have to waste time manually searching for the exact minute and second to resume playback.

3) After a few minutes of playing with the external player MX (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive) it seems that the Emby app for Android TV closes by itself, because after stopping the playback the welcome banner of the Emby app appears Emby like it was opening up again from scratch. And I have to navigate through the entire menu of my libraries again to get to the TV strip or movie I'm watching.

4) The Emby server never sends the information to the external player MX (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive) of the default or forced subtitle and audio tracks, and I have to manually select the default audio track and the forced subtitle track.

5) Since the exact minute and second of the stop playback position is never marked, when I want to continue watching on another device by resuming playback, I have to spend time manually searching the exact minute and second to resume playback.

In conclusion, using Emby with an external player is a real bummer, and a real hassle, all the time, a real mess.
Another suggestion is that you make compatible, and enable in the next version of the Emby server for Windows a configuration option so that I can use the Android TV client application of the famous and well-known competitor of Emby, the one that begins with the letter P , as the internal player of the client, from Emby's competitor works very well, almost similar to the player MX (MX Media - formerly J2 Interactive) with no skipping and no jerking on TV images.  Thanks

Greeting.