Emby cant play after update shield

LexEmby

Okay.  I have seen on the Nvidia forums that you may have to re-install the app after the upgrade to 11 in order for those permissions to properly be applied but you may want to confirm this on their forums because they said they were working on fixing that.

Just now, ebr said:

Okay.  I have seen on the Nvidia forums that you may have to re-install the app after the upgrade to 11 in order for those permissions to properly be applied but you may want to confirm this on their forums because they said they were working on fixing that.

Ok thanx, no worries I can do that, these are secondary for the kids anyway haha

I'm a new user thinking about moving my Library to Emby. I tried setting up the server on my 2019 Nvidia Shield, and it's not working. I am having the same issues, Library comes up and all looks good until I start playing a movie. Error 

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

My guess it's an Nvidia issue...lots of problems with the latest update to Android 11. I am on the latest Hotfix v9.0.2. Hopefully a fix will be available soon.

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

marcmathes41

ebr

• Chief Bottle Washer 
  • problem is too many errors and will not play! i use this for music and now im looking for a music service bk nvidia's fault or not im going without something i paid for. so point fingers while i sit here with out emby service that i paid for. how many days b4 you figer out how to get around their screw up or is this something you can't dev out? am i stuck without my emby forever bk its nvidia's fault? please answer the questions. and no Nvidia has no interest in fixing this right away or it whold have been done in last patch. what is the emby team doing about paying members that cant use a supported device? you problay shold take it off your site as a listed supported device if your not going to fix it asap! what if i just got my lifetime and found my files whold not play? 

1 hour ago, marcmathes41 said:

ebr

• Chief Bottle Washer 
  • problem is too many errors and will not play! i use this for music and now im looking for a music service bk nvidia's fault or not im going without something i paid for. so point fingers while i sit here with out emby service that i paid for. how many days b4 you figer out how to get around their screw up or is this something you can't dev out? am i stuck without my emby forever bk its nvidia's fault? please answer the questions. and no Nvidia has no interest in fixing this right away or it whold have been done in last patch. what is the emby team doing about paying members that cant use a supported device? you problay shold take it off your site as a listed supported device if your not going to fix it asap! what if i just got my lifetime and found my files whold not play? 

Hi.  We need you to provide the details we asked for.  Thanks.

@Audiomixer Yes I am using a USB 3.0 to SATA Dual-Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station attached to my Nvidia Shield which holds my video library.

Hi. I would turn off the automatic port mapping feature on the server because it is filling your log with errors.  That will make it easier to trace what's happening but I also see a failure accessing ffprobe because it is unable to load a particular module.  I'm wondering if that is access related.

Your log is showing an error:

/mnt/expand/2448d565-d827-40b2-b189-802e4addf58e/user/0/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -y -copyts -start_at_zero -f m4v -i "/storage/1CF273DAF273B71C/Plex/Video/MOVIES/Black Rain (1989)/Black Rain (1989).m4v" -vn -an -sn -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -f segment -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/transcoding-temp/AF6165.m3u8" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_time 3 -segment_list_entry_prefix hls/AF6165/ -segment_start_number 0 -individual_header_trailer 0 -write_header_trailer 0 "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/transcoding-temp/AF6165_%d.ts"

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/mnt/expand/2448d565-d827-40b2-b189-802e4addf58e/user/0/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg": library "libnativehelper.so" not found: needed by /system/lib64/libmediandk.so in namespace (default)

Seems it can't find libnativehelper.so

if you check the lib64 directory do you see the file in that location?

@Cayars I found a lib64 in the System and Vendor folder using X-plore on my Shield Tv but for some reason it does not allow me to see the content of those folders.

11 hours ago, Erock68 said:

@Cayars I found a lib64 in the System and Vendor folder using X-plore on my Shield Tv but for some reason it does not allow me to see the content of those folders.

Do you have the emby server app installed on internal memory or external?

hardware_detection-63780901400.txtembyserver (1).txtffmpeg-transcode-7f823c16-240a-4668-84bd-071d7a511148_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-5795644c-8b2a-4f0b-8886-7e7a606fb2f0_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-d1ffad4b-34e9-4713-950c-dc61391732b4_1.txt

@Luck Emby server is installed on external memory. a while back I ran out of space to install apps so I added a Samsung usb drive to use for adding apps. I attached my logs

thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Erock68 said:

OK as of right now after these software updates from Nvidia it looks like you're going to have to install on internal memory.

• Like 1

@luke...it worked!!!!!! So I guess I can't use adoptable storage until Nvidia fixes this bug??? But now I can play around with Emby.

Thanks for all your help.  

31 minutes ago, Erock68 said:

@luke...it worked!!!!!! So I guess I can't use adoptable storage until Nvidia fixes this bug??? But now I can play around with Emby.

Thanks for all your help.  

that is correct. thanks for the feedback.

marcmathes41

look you need to contact me directly i reinstalled server and the app. i am a paying customer. i told my exact problem is emby app will not play any file it says too many errors and will not play any file. making something i paid for no longer working.  my value of paid sub is now gone! nothing fixes this and we are what pointing fingers so its Nvidia's fault? so what i still cant use something i paid for.  emby support needs to email me b4 this turns into a google review.  i repeat will not play back any files says too many errors and does not play. vlc works fine on same files. are we to set it up on our attached drive? then can we use the non attached hdd as a file server? please contact me directly to be more professional as a company.

Edited by marcmathes41

1 hour ago, marcmathes41 said:

look you need to contact me directly i reinstalled server and the app. i am a paying customer. i told my exact problem is emby app will not play any file it says too many errors and will not play any file. making something i paid for no longer working.  my value of paid sub is now gone! nothing fixes this and we are what pointing fingers so its Nvidia's fault? so what i still cant use something i paid for.  emby support needs to email me b4 this turns into a google review.  i repeat will not play back any files says too many errors and does not play. vlc works fine on same files. are we to set it up on our attached drive? then can we use the non attached hdd as a file server? please contact me directly to be more professional as a company.

Hi.  Have you ensured that the server is installed on internal storage and not external storage?   If you have, then please provide logs from when the issue occurs.  We would be more than happy to help you but we need your help as well.  Thanks.