How to have "Live TV" on home screen wwithout "On now"?

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

When "Live TV" is allowed on the home screen I get an extra, and for me totally useless" row called "On now." I want the "Live TV" buttons but I have no interest in "On now" as, f I want to view any live TV that is on now I can just go to the guide and watch it from there but 99.9% of the time I have no interest in live TV as a real time function. I just want to record shows and then watch at my leisure.

Is there any way to accomplish what I want? I know I can have a recordings row but that is not what I want although I can live with it. What I want is just one row of:
"Programs" - "Guide" - "Recordings" - "Schedule"
Without anything extra.

I can, kind of, have what I want by making the "Live TV" row last and then I can just ignore the, for me, worthless row called "On now."

I only use "Live TV" to record sporting events that are not aired at a time when it is convenient for me so I could not care less about "shows" or anything else. I just want to record sports and only have that one row of "Live TV" on my home screen.

I do not think what i want is possible but it does not hurt to ask. The worst that can happen is I am tole "No" and that would mean I just have to use a slightly less than ideal setup for my home screen.

I just need easy access to my recordings and an easy quick way to get to the guide (and a search function) so I can set up recordings.

Thanks. But I will not get my hopes up.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper

Disable "On now" row, put LiveTV library first in My Media row and make Guide landing page for it? 

Gilgamesh_48
20 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Disable "On now" row, put LiveTV library first in My Media row and make Guide landing page for it? 

Good idea! But the "On now" I want to disable shows up when "Live TV" is enabled. That is if I enable "Live TV" I get two rows. One actual "Live TV."

I am not talking about the "My media" access to "Live TV" I am talking about the "Live TV" row that you can include on the home screen.

If you are talking about the actual "My media" "Live TV" icon then that is not what I want to have but it does correctly access "Live TV" when I go into that library.

Also, "Live TV" is not used by me often enough to justify having it early in my library list. Having it first would add an extra click to the way I normally use Emby and, while a single extra click is not much, it is unnecessary for what I want. Having the "Live TV" row last on my home screen works pretty much like I want I just want to not even see "On now" at any time.

GrimReaper

Fair enough, was just suggesting how to get rid of that row while still maintaining fast-access capability. And yes, I was referring to it as "On Now" row (LiveTV Gome Screen section) following terminology in your post to make it more understandable. And it just shows how we each use it differently, I am extremely irritated by those 3 icons while I do like "On Now" row but also cannot get rid of them without sacrificing it. IMHO best way forward would be to split those two into separate Home Screen sections that could be enabled/disabled independently. 

• Like 1