Recording all programs with my team playing.

vdrover

vdrover

I'd like to record the program "NFL Football", but only those episodes that feature my team. Is this possible? Here is how that feature works in Plex for example:

Plex 2022-01-22 at 10.54.18 AM.png

MBSki

It's not possible yet. We've heard there are new LiveTV/DVR features coming, but we're still waiting to see the changes. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing this one is further down the list.

BillOatman

It is possible if your provider has episodic content in their guide data.  Mine does for its sports team channels. If this data exists, Emby allows you to record the series like this.

image.thumb.png.fe835bd09f364289f56a55af965ef9f4.png

MBSki
5 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

It is possible if your provider has episodic content in their guide data.  Mine does for its sports team channels. If this data exists, Emby allows you to record the series like this.

image.thumb.png.fe835bd09f364289f56a55af965ef9f4.png

I've never seen that, how did you set that up?

And ... Go Sabres!!! 😁

BillOatman
32 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I've never seen that, how did you set that up?

And ... Go Sabres!!! 😁

If the guide data has this kind of entries

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">20219448035640584487726231.ab2d01cc-71ac-11ec-a6f7-85513e732977.0/1</episode-num>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">SP20218431.0020</episode-num>

when you click on the program in the Emby guide, a button will appear to record series.  
xmltv_ns is what Emby uses, dd_progid is what Plex uses.  I figure Jellyfin uses one or the other, but I don't know which.

My provider has weak guide data for sports team channels and did not have these tags.  So I wrote an app specific to the provider that makes richer data and adds those tags for recording the season (series)..

• Thanks 1

BillOatman
15 hours ago, vdrover said:

@BillOatman Would love to learn more about this app and where you are getting the EPG data from.

I wrote it specifically for use with my IPTV provider using their m3u file for stream links in conjunction with some free RESTful web services that have schedule data for the various sports.  The provider is private and the app would not work with others.  If you decide to try and make one for your provider and would like info on the schedule web services etc feel free to message me.

Edited by BillOatman

• 1 year later...