Telegram Notifications Plugin

darkside40

dojitr

hi, need some help. been using emby on windows10/11 for a long time. and telegram notif working fine. last week i decided to use unraid and migrated emby using backup and restore. all working except telegram. weird thing is when i tried to send a test message from the plugin setting im getting the test notification, the rest nothing... any suggestion? tnx

dojitr
29 minutes ago, dojitr said:

hi, need some help. been using emby on windows10/11 for a long time. and telegram notif working fine. last week i decided to use unraid and migrated emby using backup and restore. all working except telegram. weird thing is when i tried to send a test message from the plugin setting im getting the test notification, the rest nothing... any suggestion? tnx

NVM figured it out... 

Amanade3

Sorry that I didn't elaborate the problem. The thing is i get notification about server activity and stuff via telegram. I set it up and worked fine until i updated the sever to a beta version of emby 4.8.0.28. I have telegram notification in my list of plugins but when i try to click on notification tab, it doesn't detect it. It only shows email notification. here is what i mean.

Screenshot 2023-06-18 113829.png

Screenshot 2023-06-18 113116.png

Amanade3
8 hours ago, Amanade3 said:

Sorry that I didn't elaborate the problem. The thing is i get notification about server activity and stuff via telegram. I set it up and worked fine until i updated the sever to a beta version of emby 4.8.0.28. I have telegram notification in my list of plugins but when i try to click on notification tab, it doesn't detect it. It only shows email notification. here is what i mean.

Nvr mind i updated it to the latest version and it works now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
MindBullet

Is the Telegram Notifcation Plugin not working on 4.8.0.46? Because I have the same issue, that I don't see this plugin as an option on on the Notifications tab, just like @Amanade3. And I'm too dumb to figure out how to setup webhooks with a proper URL :(

2 hours ago, MindBullet said:

Is the Telegram Notifcation Plugin not working on 4.8.0.46? Because I have the same issue, that I don't see this plugin as an option on on the Notifications tab, just like @Amanade3. And I'm too dumb to figure out how to setup webhooks with a proper URL :(

Hi there, where are you looking for it? Have you installed the plugin?

MindBullet
4 hours ago, Luke said:

where are you looking for it?

image.png.c96185be236def31f902553c5024f15e.png

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you installed the plugin?

Yes, sure! 

It's installed and setup and test messages to Telegeram work fine. However, I can't configure the plugin WHAT to send. It just doesn't get detected as a notification plugin, see here:

image.png.40e3d94909d89152f77f3de843aee605.png

darkside40

Have you installe the Plugin under 4.7 and switched now to 4.8?

Because in that case you have to get the latest Version of the Plugin from Github and install it by placing the DLL in the correct location.

Edited by darkside40

MindBullet
2 minutes ago, darkside40 said:

Have you installe the Plugin under 4.7 and switched now to 4.8?

No, I re-joined Emby when 4.8.0.46 was the latest beta build and didn't install anything else than 4.8.0.46, so I'm starting a brand new server

darkside40

How can you than send test messages? In 4.8 the setup tab in under Plugins does not work anymore, you have to go via add notification and there is no plugin to see in your screenshot.

darkside40

Works for me. Downloaded a fresh Emby 4.8.0.46 for Windows and the Emby.Plugin.TelegramNotification 1.3.1.0 from my Github Repo.

Unzipped Emby, gone throught the Wizard, stopped Emby, placed the DLL in uner Emby/programdata/plugins, restarted Emby, go to Notofications, Add Notifications and there is Telegram.

So basicly it works.

MindBullet

@darkside40I've tested it with the test funktion from the plugins' settings. But I think I know where the issue is. I've downloaded an older version of your plugin. Gonna try with the latest release and I'm sure it's gonna work then ☺️

EDIT: Yup, as expected. Telegram showing up now under notifications ☺️ Perfect, thank you for the hint

Edited by MindBullet

MindBullet

I'm sorry, you're right! Just went through it too quickly hehe.

Just for my own interest: Is there a way to get posters of TV shows and movies/albums alongside with the notifications?

darkside40

Mentioned in the initial post and multiple times in the thread:

"It simply forwards the Messages of the Emby Notification Framework to a Chat or Channel. Not more, not less. Sorry no fancy posters etc. because the Standard Notifications of Emby dont support it.  That could be hacked into, but those things can break easily on every update and i dont want to spend more work on this."

Sorry, but sometimes i ask myself  why am i writing all that stuff.

MindBullet

Sorry, maybe you should instead ask yourself that not every single user is willing to read through every single post in every single thread they are involved in 😛 Not everybody has the time or is in the mood for that a 100% of the time.

You have several options then. Either you repeat yourself for every single time and live with it as the thread starter/maintainer or you just start to ignore the repetitive questions and people will either start to read more thorughly or somebody else hops in and answers for you.

But formulating patronizing posts instead is pretty much the worst option of all of those

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, darkside40 said:

Mentioned in the initial post and multiple times in the thread:

"It simply forwards the Messages of the Emby Notification Framework to a Chat or Channel. Not more, not less. Sorry no fancy posters etc. because the Standard Notifications of Emby dont support it.  That could be hacked into, but those things can break easily on every update and i dont want to spend more work on this."

Sorry, but sometimes i ask myself  why am i writing all that stuff.

Actually in the beta you have access to more info now. I can put together an example on how to construct an image url.

darkside40

That would be cool.

Is there any documentation what is available. For example what i use is the new Media Notofication Summary of the Playback Reporting Plugin because it creates a Batch Message for all the Stuff coming onto the Server since the last run.

That looks like this:

New Media Report Notification

New media added since last check 3 days 3 hours 24 minutes ago.

Movies
 - (Movie) The Reef - Schwimm um dein Leben (2010)
 - (Movie) Massive Talent (2022)
 - (Movie) Lammbock (2001)
 - (Movie) Jeepers Creepers Reborn (2022)

Serien
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x01 - Am Anfang der Anschlag
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x02 - Unter großem Fuß
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x03 - Für und gegen David Hodges
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x04 - Schwein gehabt
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x05 - Es stinkt zum Himmel
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x06 - Clownerie
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x07 - Blutrotes Pferd
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x08 - Entschlackung
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x09 - Flügel ohne Vogel
 - (Episode) CSI: Vegas - 01x10 - Mit der Hilfe von allen
 - (Episode) Navy CIS: L.A. - 13x05 - Das perfekte Opfer
 - (Episode) Navy CIS: L.A. - 13x06 - Bis Sonnenuntergang
 - (Episode) Andor - 01x04 - Aldhani
 - (Episode) Andor - 01x05 - Die Axt vergisst ihr Werk

Edited by darkside40
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

MindBullet
On 9/14/2023 at 3:17 PM, darkside40 said:

In fact it means that you didnt even read the starting post.

It does actually. It has been very busy for me lately, so I didn't take the time to read through properly. 

However, sorry if I sounded butt-hurt in the end. Just a very stressful, private situation for me. You're absolutely right to point out that actually all my questions were answered in the OP. Apologies to you

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
Ciao a tutti ho scaricato il ddl e l'ho messo nella cartella /var/lib/emby/plugins ho scaricato anche il pacchetto Emby.Plugin.TelegramNotification-v.1.3.1.0 e caricato sempre nello stesso percorso e dati i permessi ad emby ho riavviato più volte il server emby ma non vedo il plugin nell'elenco dei plugin Sbaglio qualcosa o sto dimenticando qualche passaggio??
Version server 4.7.14.0

Edited by annibal

darkside40

Please read the Thread. That poster question was already answered multiple times and is also part of the first post.

@Lukecould you provide me the example for the image URL  you have talked about?