Parental Controls & Restrict Items With Tags Control

Cr8iveLosr

Cr8iveLosr

Please allow more flexibility and/or admin control over Parental Controls & Restrict Items With Tags.

user.png.b99f08eec0850c0bce7a085e2b9110a7.png

in its current state only one tag can be added at a time.

417384827_onetag.png.5fc5b192ccad892040a052194f57d35c.png

Perhaps by allowing separating by comma or space between tags e.g

1388061715_multitagsinoneline.png.67f1efc25fc209221258a2aa275d5303.png

and/or allow the use of wildcards so we can add similar name Tags in one line e.g

wildcard.png.7c1acd77fd7866230c885b62a16c929e.png

by using tagname along with "*" or "?" in lieu of adding multiple Tags for users with library restriction.

Last, but not least, viable option introduced by user @seanbuff HERE is also an highly attractive one.

Thank You

Edited by Cr8iveLosr
clarification
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

seanbuff

Agree, even the current multi-select functionality that is seen in the Filters page would be a welcomed improvement here.

image.png.4ce95a3ef35285e16614869bdc9cee68.png

Currently, an empty text box is just too basic - especially if you don't know all the tags you have to choose from.

• Agree 1

seanbuff
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Where are you referring to? You can add more than one tag in parental controls.

We're not saying you can't add more than one tag.

But currently, this is the input box to add a tag in parental controls
image.png.cd4d978e8c043ff7c12ecaa8fd0fe6a3.png

If I have over 100 tags, am I expected to remember each one by name? And then enter them one by one?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

seanbuff

My suggestion, was that even the Filters page offers a better stop-gap solution that already exists ... a drop down box filled with all your tags that you can multi-select from

The FR is simply asking for more flexibility on the parental controls page when it comes to adding tags

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:41 PM, seanbuff said:

We're not saying you can't add more than one tag.

But currently, this is the input box to add a tag in parental controls
image.png.cd4d978e8c043ff7c12ecaa8fd0fe6a3.png

If I have over 100 tags, am I expected to remember each one by name? And then enter them one by one?

OK I see what you mean yes. That screen needs to be updated to utilize the multi-select list that we now have.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Cr8iveLosr

any update on this? based on Admin response this isnt really a FR but more of a UI update that's been overlooked or ignored for the last 10 beta updates

Thanks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cr8iveLosr said:

any update on this? based on Admin response this isnt really a FR but more of a UI update that's been overlooked or ignored for the last 10 beta updates

Thanks

It's been reverted to 4.6 behavior. We'll look at this again after releasing 4.7. Thanks.

Cr8iveLosr
4 hours ago, Luke said:

It's been reverted to 4.6 behavior. We'll look at this again after releasing 4.7. Thanks.

I'm sorry but your response makes no sense. plz re-read the short thread. nothing discussed in this thread was reverted to any previous behavior because this problem has always been an about UI area that needs to be updated ( your words). nothing in this topic is broken. its just not very functional and difficult to navigate and apply in its current state.

I really don't understand why this cant get updated prior to 4.7 going final. unless there is no interest in doing it?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Cr8iveLosr

After two years, it seems that there isn't much interest from either users or developers in this particular area of Emby. It was supposed to be a simple UI update that never happened.

Any thoughts?

Hi, yes we are continuing to work on improving it. Thanks.