Transcribe video to audio-only?

nmkaufman

nmkaufman

Would it be difficult to implement a feature to allow transcribing a video podcast to audio-only, for listening on my phone?

If a podcast has both audio-only and video formats, I typically choose the video version for archival purposes.

When downloading these to my phone, it would be nice if I could choose 'audio only' under the transcribing quality, so I could continue listening with my screen off.

I'm sure this would not be a widely used feature, but if it would be trivial to add it would be cool to have.

Edited by nmkaufman
  • Like 6

Hi, there's currently no way but it's been something I've thought we should add for a while now, so yes I think it's a good idea. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Baenwort

it would be nice also for use when casting a video to a audio only source (e.g. "Chromecast Audio" ) that it would cast just the audio stream.

If detection is difficult then perhaps a way to flag it on the server or app side that a cast destination is audio only?

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Baenwort said:

it would be nice also for use when casting a video to a audio only source (e.g. "Chromecast Audio" ) that it would cast just the audio stream.

If detection is difficult then perhaps a way to flag it on the server or app side that a cast destination is audio only?

Yes we already know what type of Chromecast device it is, we just don't currently play video as audio only.

• 1 year later...
chrypox

+1

I think a 'Youtube Music' function would be good :-D.

It would save on 4G/5G/Data on smartphones and would also be a plus for playback on android auto since video isn't possible.

Now I know it won't be feasible overnight, but  
in the not too distant future it would be great.

Good job by the Emby team over the years ;-D.

• Thanks 1