Movie library not updating anymore

Jules0815
Go to solution Solved by Jules0815,

Jules0815
18 hours ago, Luke said:

If you sort by title instead, do you find it in there?

Unfortunately not, also not by searching for the movie. It is definitively not added.

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, Jules0815 said:

Unfortunately not, also not by searching for the movie. It is definitively not added.

Well it could have been added with a different name.  Can you show the contents of the nfo file.

7 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Well it could have been added with a different name.  Can you show the contents of the nfo file.

Hey, that was actually super helpful, thanks for the tip! I'm not sure how but the .nfo file for the movie Poetry had it labelled as the wrong movie. A children's Garden of Poetry or something. That solved one movie, still researching the other two. Odd that it was requested with radarr with the right meta but then somehow got the wrong .nfo

• 3 months later...
Jules0815
On 2/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Happy2Play said:

Hi again.

Sorry I was kind of resigning on this :(.

I don't think that it was added with a different name. Emby is now on newest version. Tried a rescan, still the same. We are now talking about 9 different movies which are not added to library. Strange thing is, series are working. I added the series "Night Sky" and it is added perfectly : /.

What is also not working is removing a movie from library after I deleted it on fileserver and do a library scan.

Attached you find an nfo of a movie which is not added.

Thanks in advance.

old.henry.true.legends.never.die.2021.german.dl.1080p.bluray.x264-lizardsquad.nfo

Jules0815

Tried a test by creating a new movie folder on fileserver containing one of the new movies and ad it as new movie source in emby.

Still the same.

after running the library scan I can see that the permissions of the EmbyServer folder changed:

before: drwxrwxrwx 1 emby   users 108 Jan 16  2020 EmbyServer/

after: drwxrwxrwx 1 daemon daemon 108 Jan 16  2020 EmbyServer/

Edited by Jules0815

6 hours ago, Jules0815 said:

Hi again.

Sorry I was kind of resigning on this :(.

I don't think that it was added with a different name. Emby is now on newest version. Tried a rescan, still the same. We are now talking about 9 different movies which are not added to library. Strange thing is, series are working. I added the series "Night Sky" and it is added perfectly : /.

What is also not working is removing a movie from library after I deleted it on fileserver and do a library scan.

Attached you find an nfo of a movie which is not added.

Thanks in advance.

old.henry.true.legends.never.die.2021.german.dl.1080p.bluray.x264-lizardsquad.nfo 2.53 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, do they show up in the Folders tab? Please attach the emby server log from when they were imported. Thanks.

Jules0815
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, do they show up in the Folders tab? Please attach the emby server log from when they were imported. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

what do you mean with folders tab?

this one here?

2068388754_2022-05-2520_22_53-Filme.png.c505894598bcfab2bc315c071cf0490b.png

if yes, movies are also not there.

logfile attached.

Thx

embyserver.txt

Oh right in the log. Here we go:

2022-05-25 12:08:11.351 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for smb://tower/Daten/Filme 2
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.1.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.40-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 11.2.0, GNU ld version 2.37-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 16 10:05:44 PDT 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	SharpCifs.Smb.SmbAuthException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied.

What I would suggest for a much better experience, is instead of adding smb paths directly to Emby, mount them first to a local path using the OS/Docker, and then add that local path into Emby Server instead of the smb path.

You're also having another problem of the server not even having permission to write to it's own data folder:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/config/cache/tvdb/274431/episode-abs-100.xml' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
	   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFileInternal(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFile(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFile(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteFile(String path)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void DeleteFile(System.String)
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

So I would clear that up as well.

Jules0815
On 5/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, Luke said:

Can you find them with search?

unfortunately not, tried several times

Edited by Jules0815

Jules0815
On 5/25/2022 at 8:29 PM, Luke said:

Oh right in the log. Here we go:

2022-05-25 12:08:11.351 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for smb://tower/Daten/Filme 2
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.1.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.40-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 11.2.0, GNU ld version 2.37-slack15) #1 SMP Mon May 16 10:05:44 PDT 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	SharpCifs.Smb.SmbAuthException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied.

What I would suggest for a much better experience, is instead of adding smb paths directly to Emby, mount them first to a local path using the OS/Docker, and then add that local path into Emby Server instead of the smb path.

I am unsure how to setup this in a good way.

I am using unraid and as I read will a mount within Unix lead in a mount which keeps the drives busy and prevent them from spin down: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/18580-is-it-possible-to-mount-network-share-smb/

Jules0815
On 5/25/2022 at 8:30 PM, Luke said:

You're also having another problem of the server not even having permission to write to it's own data folder:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/config/cache/tvdb/274431/episode-abs-100.xml' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
	   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFileInternal(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFile(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFile(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteFile(String path)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void DeleteFile(System.String)
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

So I would clear that up as well.

A good point, I faced this issue with changing permissions from time to time (maybe you remember).

Tried to grant the user emby access to the EmbyServer folder within the appdata folder and all subfolders using:

chown -R emby:users EmbyServer

chmod 777 EmbyServer

Seems fine first, but later persmissions change to: drwxrwxrwx 1 daemon daemon 108 Jan 16  2020 EmbyServer/

I also cannot see the system path of the log within the EmbyServer folder:

drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 144 May 26 01:45 cache/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 138 Oct 27  2021 config/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 680 May 30 23:48 data/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 424 May 31 15:58 logs/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users  84 May 25 12:32 metadata/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 568 May 22 21:43 plugins/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users  14 Nov 23  2019 root/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users   0 May 25 10:45 transcoding-temp/

Still strange because I also face issues in trying to delete a movie within Emby user interface. It is also refering to insufficient permissions.

Any idea how to solve this?

Wrong user or is "emby" right?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Jules0815

On 5/31/2022 at 10:39 AM, Jules0815 said:

A good point, I faced this issue with changing permissions from time to time (maybe you remember).

Tried to grant the user emby access to the EmbyServer folder within the appdata folder and all subfolders using:

chown -R emby:users EmbyServer

chmod 777 EmbyServer

Seems fine first, but later persmissions change to: drwxrwxrwx 1 daemon daemon 108 Jan 16  2020 EmbyServer/

I also cannot see the system path of the log within the EmbyServer folder:

drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 144 May 26 01:45 cache/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 138 Oct 27  2021 config/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 680 May 30 23:48 data/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 424 May 31 15:58 logs/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users  84 May 25 12:32 metadata/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users 568 May 22 21:43 plugins/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users  14 Nov 23  2019 root/
drwxrwxrwx 1 emby users   0 May 25 10:45 transcoding-temp/

Still strange because I also face issues in trying to delete a movie within Emby user interface. It is also refering to insufficient permissions.

Any idea how to solve this?

Wrong user or is "emby" right?

Thanks in advance

@Jules0815 can you please take a look at this topic and see if it might help you:

Thanks.

• 11 months later...
Jules0815

Hi  @all

I reinstalled the EmbyServer docker on Unraid. First I got the same issue again, Series were updating perfectly and Movies not.

After reading this comment:

I did some tests and this was the solution!

My library paths in Emby before were:

/mnt/user/data/Series

/mnt/user/data/Movies

Result: Series were found, Movies not

Now changed to:

/mnt/user/data/Series

/mnt/user/Movies

Result: Movies now are working as well! 😀

So Emby library for Movies is not working with paths that have more than 2 subfolders like the user guluppi mentioned.

Issue finally solved for me :).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Jules0815

unfortunately this was not the final solution.

It only worked for some time but now I got the real issue fixed: