Movie library not updating anymore

Jules0815
Go to solution Solved by Jules0815,

Jules0815

Hi guys,

I again have an issue with refreshing my movie library. I didn't do any changes, al least not intentionally.
The old issue was related to changed permissions (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/102926-question-about-file-permissions/#comment-1082582).
I could fix this with "chown 777" but now the permissions seem to be fine.

Series are scanned and updated but movies are not working. If I click on library scan, I see the progress bar for Series but not for movies. I attached a logfile of the embyserver.

System already updated/rebooted before getting the logfile. Emby is running as docker on Unraid.

Many thanks in advance

embyserver.txt

Jules0815

I mean the Movie library is not updating anymore.

New movies are not recognized and it seems that the scan is not working properly, If I click on library scan, I see the progress bar for Series but not for movies.

hitechtrader

Not sure if right place to put this issue....  But I think it falls in Line With Library Not updating.   I have updated to version 4.6.7 Notice my Library are not updating.  I figured out the scenario on it.  Seems like if you have a Main folder Movies and that folder is set as Library with Category Movies. Then have several subfolders. Teen and one called Kid Movies.  I have another Library called Kids and this is pointed to Movies\Teens\kids.  The Kid movies Library no longer updates. Even tried creating new Library pointed to teens that will not update.  I moved the folder from under movies and same level as Movies and it works Fine.  However if you use another category Like Home Video and  Photos That does not seem to matter and I can create as many Library on subfolders with no issue.  I know My structure might Not be in agreement with others but I have other apps that read the info and they do not have as many features to separate to different Libraries on different folder levels.  I tripled checked permissions on all Levels several times..   This scenario happens no matter what OS is used,  Windows, Linux, Synology. Seems Like Category Movies does not like having other subfolders with a library under Movies as well.

GrimReaper

No same-type library can have a subfolder as a library path if parent folder is already path of another library, you'll get no items shown. Just add same-level folders as multiple paths in library setup (i.e. take Kids subfolder two levels up and add \Movies and \Kids separately as Movies library folders and \Kids as Kids library folder).

• Like 1

hitechtrader

Thanks for confirming with me that it does not work this way in this version. but in older version I used it worked with no problem. I have been using emby since early versions.  My Library Structure has not changed and has been working fine until this new release.

GrimReaper

AFAIK it has been like this for some time, last few versions for sure, couple of years. @Luke? Or maybe you've simply found an exploit which was rectified at some point? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, hitechtrader said:

I have updated to version 4.6.7 Notice my Library are not updating

What was the previous version, but Emby has never officially supported libraries that point to nested folders of another library.

I'm also having this issue since updating about three weeks ago to 4.6.7.0. Docker on linux. Never had an issue adding movies to emby previously. Validated file is both in my mounted movie directory, as well as properly bound with the right permissions inside the docker container. Manual library scan does not find new movies. No errors in the logs. Movie doesn't show up in search or recently added. Happy to provide more details if that'll help. 

here are my mounted volumes. Again it's been running this way for years. Problem only sprung up on update.
$TV_DIR = /mnt/media/tv
$MOVIE_DIR = /mnt/media/movies

image.png.9a52e0b0326c72c3f53c9d35bae92517.png

Edited by rsvg

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, rsvg said:

I'm also having this issue since updating about three weeks ago to 4.6.7.0. Docker on linux. Never had an issue adding movies to emby previously. Validated file is both in my mounted movie directory, as well as properly bound with the right permissions inside the docker container. Manual library scan does not find new movies. No errors in the logs. Movie doesn't show up in search or recently added. Happy to provide more details if that'll help. 

here are my mounted volumes. Again it's been running this way for years. Problem only sprung up on update.
$TV_DIR = /mnt/media/tv
$MOVIE_DIR = /mnt/media/movies

image.png.9a52e0b0326c72c3f53c9d35bae92517.png

Please provide a server log.

hitechtrader

Based on some response.  I would say all previous version  worked.  Because my folder structure has not changed since early versions of EMBY. It stopped only on this new release.  I have never read anything saying that you can not have Multiple Libraries under same folder structure.  This is very use full for giving access to specific users. Using this method and Ratings makes it very versatile.  Changing rating is not a good practice since I want my ratings to be accurate.

Sorry I've read this thread and I still don't understand. I have a directory containing movies /mnt/media/movies and a directory containing tv /mnt/media/tv that are both in the same directory "media", with this new release mounting them as different libraries is an issue? I also have a third MIT /mnt/media/MIT that I mount at /mnt/MIT, is that an issue?

Jules0815
On 1/25/2022 at 1:36 AM, Luke said:

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

I have two shares:

/mnt/user/Data/Movies/

/mnt/user/Data/Series/

No subfolders like "TV" added as mentioned by other users who face similar issues.

I didn't changed the folder structure.

The Movies are located in subfolders which are named like the movie.

I have new movies added, one example "Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264"

The movie is not updated to library.

As I mentioned, I also see no progress bar at movies. I attached 2 Screenshots, Series shows progress bar, Movies not, just the overall progress bar. This seems not normal to me.

As I mentioned I didn't do any changes on my settings, what could be possible is an update of emby to a new version but I don't know where to look up the update history of emby.

library_updating_01.png

library_updating_02.png

14 hours ago, Jules0815 said:

I have two shares:

/mnt/user/Data/Movies/

/mnt/user/Data/Series/

No subfolders like "TV" added as mentioned by other users who face similar issues.

I didn't changed the folder structure.

The Movies are located in subfolders which are named like the movie.

I have new movies added, one example "Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264"

The movie is not updated to library.

As I mentioned, I also see no progress bar at movies. I attached 2 Screenshots, Series shows progress bar, Movies not, just the overall progress bar. This seems not normal to me.

As I mentioned I didn't do any changes on my settings, what could be possible is an update of emby to a new version but I don't know where to look up the update history of emby.

library_updating_01.png

library_updating_02.png

The library progress circle should be improved for the next release, but it looks like you have a scan of all libraries going. Please allow that to finish and then let us know how things look from there. Thanks.

Jules0815
On 1/28/2022 at 4:11 AM, Luke said:

The library progress circle should be improved for the next release, but it looks like you have a scan of all libraries going. Please allow that to finish and then let us know how things look from there. Thanks.

As I mentioned, it finishes without adding the movie. I tried several times.

I now tried the new James Bond Movie, also not added after library update.

3 hours ago, Jules0815 said:

As I mentioned, it finishes without adding the movie. I tried several times.

I now tried the new James Bond Movie, also not added after library update.

Why do you think it wasn't added? How many emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths did you add to each one?

Can I revert from 4.7.0 to 4.6.7.0 or have database migrations taken place? I can probably use a backup if needed I suppose.

I can't believe the norm is to debate that there is an issue rather than investigate. How do I know? well I have multiple movies that are not being added to my "Movies" library. That's a pretty straight forward sign. Previous version it never happened once. This version it's happening a lot. 

Jules0815
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Why do you think it wasn't added? How many emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths did you add to each one?

Because the mentioned "new" movies are not added in Emby -> Movies (see picture, sorting is "added at").

Maybe we are talking past each other.

My libraries are: Movies, Series and the auto created one for Collections.

Paths are \\tower\Data\Movies  \\tower\Data\Series

18 hours ago, rsvg said:

I can't believe the norm is to debate that there is an issue rather than investigate. How do I know? well I have multiple movies that are not being added to my "Movies" library. That's a pretty straight forward sign. Previous version it never happened once. This version it's happening a lot. 

I agree to this, same for me.

Emby_movie_not_added.png

Edited by Jules0815

6 hours ago, Jules0815 said:

Because the mentioned "new" movies are not added in Emby -> Movies (see picture, sorting is "added at").

Maybe we are talking past each other.

My libraries are: Movies, Series and the auto created one for Collections.

Paths are \\tower\Data\Movies  \\tower\Data\Series

I agree to this, same for me.

Emby_movie_not_added.png

If you sort by title instead, do you find it in there?

Here's an example of a movie downloaded over a month ago (so through numerous library scans), the bind information for docker, checking to make sure the file is in the docker container, and it not appearing in the movie list (sorted by title). 

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 3.10.00 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 3.10.50 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 3.12.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 3.25.27 PM.jpg