Online Web app issues

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Whatever happened to "Back" UI button in online Web app? Which is particularly inconvenient during any item detail view while browsing library, can't back to library, only on Home Screen? Yeah, thumb mouse button makes short work of it, but assuming everyone is having one is quite a stretch.

4.6.7.0. local web app

545666635_Screenshot2022-01-12020959.thumb.png.93d2da27895540bbdb29e4c2e7dc3d06.png

online web app

1429830747_Screenshot2022-01-12020741.thumb.png.9d4047b043c73ed520268c1937109ce6.png

In addition, while I appreciate nice poster as much as the next guy, that size is excessive and it is intruding in Actor roles, scrolling down just to see role seems quite unnecessary. For comparison, local 4.6.7.0 even shows next row (Chapters) header. Both on still fairly typical 1920x1080 screen res. 

And hate that "new" button design, 4.5.4. still has the best overall page design of them all, it's been going downwards ever since.

Edit: It's actually gone throughout UI: Settings and all tabs and subtabs: Dashboard, Activity, Alerts...

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

Just commented on this in a PM but looks to be part of the Top Header Tab changes. 

• Update top tab design to be more discoverable

Changes in beta 4.7.0.20

image.png.135398c58a022dd1ac8c26e450d3799a.png

Edited by Happy2Play
image update
  • Thanks 1

Nostradamus1973

@arrbee99 So true,  I always preferred using the Emby back button vs using the back button on whichever browser I'm using, I'm surprised something like that made it through the cracks; I would expect another Beta version being pushed over the next few days because that's a BIG Oopsie. 

That may pose a bigger problem if applications can't use the "return" button on their remote's, I personally haven't tested this yet.

Can anyone weigh in on this?

😁👍💪

Edited by Nostradamus1973
I'm FAR from perfect...forgot to add a few points, not enough coffee....

PenkethBoy

So do we now have to wait over a month for the next beta to solve this issue

@Luke

question is - is it an issue or just a new feature that no-one knew they wanted? perhaps these were the mooted "surprises"?

• Haha 1

Hi,

I would like to confirm I have the same issue and I am also think this is related to the latest update. Fortunately I can use back button in the browser. I am using Firefox.

Hot fix for this is welcomed.

Regards,

Jan

• Like 1

Nostradamus1973

@SpaceboyGood point, IF true, I'm proud to say I'm not a part of THAT silent-majority wanting that feature; I like how you went dark with that hypothetical point, you'd make an excellent opponent at Three Dimensional Chess.😉

I haven't tried editing the page as I can handle using my browser's "back" button, IMHO I think this will get sorted out pretty quickly and I gotta pick my battles I have more pressing things going on with emby ATM, I don't need to play the Rocky IV soundtrack and start getting psyched up for this one.

All that being said, I'm going to follow this topic and emotionally support anyone who wants to take this up.

• Like 1

Hello,
In the current beta, the back button has been removed.
Is this intentional or is it still a bug?
I have to say the navigation without the button is extremely annoying and I hope this will be added again.
Stabil 4.6.7.0
image.png.2da4b82750074cb8a756fb146aed90e4.png
Beta :
image.png.483e843346d25074cb4583313ec79bb7.png

The same in mobile view.
Thank you for reading my contribution.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:23 AM, GrimReaper said:

"Back" UI button

I hope this feature comes back. I tested the beta for 30 seconds and I directly missed the button.

In addition, while I appreciate nice poster as much as the next guy, that size is excessive and it is intruding in Actor roles, scrolling down just to see role seems quite unnecessary. For comparison, local 4.6.7.0 even shows next row (Chapters) header. Both on still fairly typical 1920x1080 screen res. 

I can only agree. The pictures are way too big, it looked better before.

And hate that "new" button design, 4.5.4. still has the best overall page design of them all, it's been going downwards ever since.

I really like the new buttons.
image.png.162ab4b32a5a2bdb175e46a738893818.png

image.thumb.png.3ffa5c2e7ca74b41a4bca90d430251c6.png

At first I wasn't sure what to think of it. But after looking at it a bit longer, I think it's much nicer than before.

• Like 1

Also hope the back arrow comes back.

Don't care about poster size cause I get rid of them anyway.

Not sure about the image / new background, sometimes I find the shade of whatever it is, is just weird...

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Skyfay said:

I really like the new buttons.
image.png.162ab4b32a5a2bdb175e46a738893818.png

image.thumb.png.3ffa5c2e7ca74b41a4bca90d430251c6.png

At first I wasn't sure what to think of it. But after looking at it a bit longer, I think it's much nicer than before.

I was referring to the 'new and improved' "Play", "Trailer", "Played", "Favorite" and "More" buttons/icons, which look like a joke now, with no uniformity and mixed-shapes. Tab strip I have no issues with. 

Happy2Play

Note Mode TV has back arrows where Desktop does not.

cybergrimes

Deja vu

Edited by cybergrimes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
cybergrimes

There’s a back arrow during video playback. Probably should get rid of that one too

Spoiler

for consistency

Edited by cybergrimes