Can display resolution be limited?

Wisesage

Wisesage

I access Emby via the Elite Streams/Kodi platform.  Elite uses Android architecture.  When running an episode of practically anything, it runs for about 20 seconds, then the message "Source Too Slow.  Read rate too low for continuous playback."  I've seen this come up on other apps I use, and find that by limiting the content to no more than 720p I do fine.  Emby, from what I can tell, allows the best displayed content - which is often 1080p, but which slows things to a stop on my system.  Is there a way to set Emby to allow only 720p or less streams?

Edited by Wisesage

quickmic

I assume you are accessing the Emby server via Internet? This message sounds like a bandwidth issue. If so you can limit the bandwidth with emby for kodi next-gen plugin using transcoding. There is a option in config to set the network bandwidth.

Wisesage

In layman's terms, how does this work?  I've located a "Force transcode" option, as noted in the pic.  Which option should I be using?  Which setting might I want to use?  Anything else I might need to know before I do something to mess up the provided settings?

IMG_1269.jpg

quickmic

No need to force transcode, scroll down till you see "video quality" (I hope it's also labeled same as in 6.x). YOu will see something like 100.0 mbps... Set it to, I don't know, maybe 2.0 mbps? Depends on your available bandwidth.

btw,

I assume you are using 5.x version right. I highly recommend to upgrade to beta version (full resync will be required!).