Emby Switching Day and Month when reading into Library

Mitch&Tay

Mitch&Tay

So I am in Australia, I read dates DD/MM/YYYY. All of my file systems, Windows/QNAP are creating and saving the files with the date correct (DD/MM/YYYY). But when Emby reads the file into the Library it is switching the DD/MM. So a file uploaded on 03/01/2021 (03 Jan 2021) will read within emby as uploaded on 01/03/2021 (01 March 2021). This adversly effects the recently uploaded TV Shows and Movies not displaying the correct/most recent files. This issue only occurs on upload days 1 through 12, after that I assume the system recognises there isnt more than 12 months and the dates appear correctly. 

I have double check and the file system on my QNAP that the server runs off and reads from is correct. I have check all emby date settings I can find and they are all correct. I have even changed the Emby server setting between "creation date" and "upload date" and it has made no difference.

Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
cul8rmom1

I think you meant to say changing it to MM/DD.  Everything you put in there says DD/MM except for your example.

To Luke,

Sounds like it would be any media file.  Can you specify the date format used in the emby instance running on a qnap?

Or maybe set the date format “correctly” to MM/DD (that’s just a cheap jab coming from someone in the US.)

Good luck!,

• 7 months later...
Mitch&Tay

Sorry for the delay in reply. Here is an exact example (in Australian Dates).

Please note: I have my server set to list the Latest Movies tab using the "Upload Date"

Have file "New Movie" ready to transfer to my QNAP to add to Emby Server.

Date of transfer 11th August 2022 - 11/08/202 (timecode irrelevant)

Transfer Sucessfull 

Launch Emby App

On App home screen under Latest Movies Tab - "New Movie" is at the first in the list as it is the most recently added. 

"New Movie" stays at the first in the list perpetually.

I check the "upload date" in the metadata to find its listed at 08 November 2022 - 08/11/2022

I manually edit to the correct date 11/08/2022 to fix the issue.

It's important to note this also effects TV Shows.

This issue only occurs on the first 12 days of each month. So if I did the same proceedure on 13 August 2022 - 13/08/2022, the "upload date" lists correctly. 

Hope this makes more sense.

@Happy2Play

Happy2Play

I thought his was system related.  But just tested changing Regional format on Windows 11 from US to UK

image.png.610094871ca478b2d0091187ee644f34.png

image.png.e844ce683c9b13741c23c2421039e6aa.png

Revert to US

image.png.deea20e8206b2554ce6cf4d6ff413de8.png

image.png.f2d3e244345e3102055e1fec3ca07576.png

Can you go over specific examples to include images and client used.