Add STRM file with path to Media Info section

revengineer

revengineer

Please add the stream file with path to the Media Info section on the movie details page. Currently, the Media Info only shows "STRM" (see screenshot). This request is in analog to locally stored movies for which the full filename is specified along with additional with additional info. I understand that the detailed info is not readily available without opening the file, so I am not requesting or suggesting this info. In fact, I recommend against the additional info for stream files because I would not want emby to open lots of files to extract this.

Background: I am running into issues with STRM movie files showing up as duplicates but there is only one STRM file. To tell whether this is a duplicate or whether another movie has been misidentified, I need to know the .strm file associated with each entry.

Thank you for your consideration.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 071231.png

Happy2Play

Should appear after played as Media Info is only gotten on first playback.  But believe that depends on where the strm points to.

strm pointing to an online source.

image.png.e510d5e8e5d4c15af4c06edd17ed0e3e.png

revengineer

I understand that the strm file is just a pointer. Nevertheless, while a strm source has not been played, it is valuable to show info on the pointer file name, just like the file name for movies are shown.