Roku stucks loading at 33%

Alefielm

Alefielm
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you test changing to No Subtitles and then test selecting srt at playback.

Ok, that worked and it's using the SRT subtitles, thanks!. It doesn't remember wich subtitles I selected if I go back to play again, but it works!

9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please provide the emby server and ffmpeg log files from when this happened on firefox? Thanks.

Fiferox still failing, don't use it but maybe can help someone, here are the logs

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0ca03909-63f3-44f1-beec-23a0475fef3a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2ddea745-0c2d-445e-bbe4-cdef754086db_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6d92ac9b-f1dc-4f99-8516-fa71fb68dd17_1.txt

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Alefielm said:

Ok, that worked and it's using the SRT subtitles, thanks!. It doesn't remember wich subtitles I selected if I go back to play again, but it works!

So my theory would appear to be somewhat true.  @Lukeit appears the always play subtitle and the forced flag is overriding track selection.  Or the Roku is not making the correct calls.

But something is going on with this setup as Server log shows "Error starting ffmpeg" but ffmpeg logs are being created.

It appears to be something thing with encoder though.  But devs will have to comment more.

2021-12-29 23:51:48.736 Error App: Request cancelled during ValidateEncoderOutput

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Or the Roku is not making the correct calls.

I think what may be happening is it is attempting to play with the selected subs but when it fails, the fallback routine is not taking the manual selection into account.  That is something we'll need to fix in Roku.

Alefielm
On 12/30/2021 at 12:35 PM, ebr said:

I think what may be happening is it is attempting to play with the selected subs but when it fails, the fallback routine is not taking the manual selection into account.  That is something we'll need to fix in Roku.

Thanks everyone for the help on this matter, do you need me to create a post or something like that so you have track of this bug or you follow it internally?

Thanks!

On 12/31/2021 at 5:21 PM, Alefielm said:

Thanks everyone for the help on this matter, do you need me to create a post or something like that so you have track of this bug or you follow it internally?

Thanks!

Are you still running into this?

20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you still running into this?

I believe the specific thing he was talking about there was the fact that the error fallback in the Roku app is losing his version/media stream selections.  That will be fixed in the next release of the app.

Alefielm
4 hours ago, ebr said:

I believe the specific thing he was talking about there was the fact that the error fallback in the Roku app is losing his version/media stream selections.  That will be fixed in the next release of the app.

Yes, with subtitles disabled by default it works fine but it doesn't save the selected sub when watching again.

skidmarks

I've been AFK for a long time...  was going to see if i could get some suggestions for this very issue.  I would add to this thread that when my videos dont start, some nights its 9 out of 10 i try, the episode will appear in continue watching at like a minute thirty resume point.

I though it was a roku issue as streaming channels (NFL / ESPN and others) will stop as well and show 33%.  Contacted Roku and they could not tell me what was so important about the 33%.  Its always 33%.

Edited by skidmarks

I have had a few recordings through an HDHomeRun that ended prematurely (happens sometimes due signal loss).

But when I try to play those files (before I realize the it didn’t complete the recording) the app always freezes at %33 and on my ultra it actually locks up the app completely and a couple times had to pull the power from the Roku to get it back up and running.

may be different issue, but these files used to at least fallback to the details screen, vs locking up.

The loss of the stream selections during error fallback should be fixed in the current beta.

• Thanks 1