Playbar not available during playback at DLNA

MarkTechnics

MarkTechnics

Hello,

I am not sure if this is a bug or if this is by purpose, but when I play a song from my webbrowser at my local device, there is a playbar at the bottom (see image 001). When I switch to playback at the DLNA device, this bar is not available.

In the Android app, this is the same.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Mark

Image 002.gif

Image 001.gif

MarkTechnics

Update:

When I stream to Chromecast, everything is working fine. So playing the next song and showing the playbar.

So I don't think it is a webapp issue. But it seems to be related to play via DLNA.

Edited by MarkTechnics

MarkTechnics

I tried it with the Xbox DLNA as well and it has the same behaviour. So no playbar and not playing the next song.

But I noticed something "hopeful". In the screenshots you see that it is possible to remote control the DLNA device. When you click on that button a black "controller" appears.
You only can use the stop and pause button.

I don't know how, but one time I had the playbar into the album I played. At that point I could also could use the other buttons (previous and next song). But it also only plays 1 song.
I have no clue how I did this because afterwards I could not reproduce it.

Screenshot_20211222-185733_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20211222-185745_Emby.jpg

MarkTechnics

Now I see the "playbar" page when I play over Chromecast. It has a playlist included which seems to be created automatically when I press on the play button on the albums page.

Is it possible that the problem is that when you play over DNLA, that a playlist is not created?

Screenshot_20211222-195919_Emby.jpg

In the 4.6.7 stable release that is correct, it's not created over Dlna, but this has been implemented for the upcoming 4.7 release.

• 2 weeks later...
MarkTechnics

Thanks for the update!

I just installed the 4.7.0.19-beta with the 1.0.73 DLNA plugin.

But both issues were still there (no playbar, not playing the next song).

If I can support you with testing, please let me know!

With kind regards,

Mark

8 hours ago, MarkTechnics said:

Thanks for the update!

I just installed the 4.7.0.19-beta with the 1.0.73 DLNA plugin.

But both issues were still there (no playbar, not playing the next song).

If I can support you with testing, please let me know!

With kind regards,

Mark

Yea could be something device specific based on what I saw in the server log from your other topic. Thanks.

MarkTechnics

Thanks for your quick response.

I just did a test with the Xbox One DLNA. And it creates a queue, had a playbar and played the next song. So I think you are right.

I removed my custom Technics DLNA profile. But it does not work either.

Is this bad luck or is there something I can do?

Well I could already tell from the other log you provided that the player has a buggy Dlna implementation. It was requesting dlna endpoints from the server that Emby Server never advertised as being supported.

• 3 months later...
morridx

I have the same issue: a playbar appears on the Emby webpage if I am playing on that device, but not if I am casting over DLNA. using a Pioneer VSX-LX103 receiver over DLNA (or in iOS or Android apps, and of course, Theater only plays if I am casting anyway, so it never works).

I was quite perplexed; my wife's iPhone and my Android apps worked, but I started on the desktop, and it appeared that Emby lacked any controls for playing. They do show up if I cast to, for example, the web or my phone.

If I cast to, say my phone, and then redirect to the Pioneer, the playbar shows up, but only the volume control is (barely) visible, and the other controls seem to be present, but invisible. If I start out playing to the receiver, the playbar never appears.

image.thumb.png.fe74a9ac2fe9f1703f503e9ae6cc49b7.png

And, with DLNA, the next song is not played; adding or attempting to add songs to a playlist does nothing.

Adding screenshot of the webpage playing to my iPad (unlike playing to the receiver, the playbar shows):

image.png.7f1fc904285a8e1da3eb6d01d65e7deb.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by morridx
Added another screenshot

With the upcoming 4.7 server rehearse l release, dlna will have a play queue now for remote control.

MarkTechnics

Thanks!

I am using the 4.7 0.32 beta. Is this feature already addes to that version?

Thanks,

Mark

4 hours ago, MarkTechnics said:

Thanks!

I am using the 4.7 0.32 beta. Is this feature already addes to that version?

Thanks,

Mark

Yes the play queue will be there, although I'm aware that on a small number of devices it may sometimes not advance to the next song. We're still tracking that down.

• 2 weeks later...
morridx

Thank you!

I was hopeful, but the playbar is not active or visible with version 4.7.0.35 beta when casting to my Pioneer VSX-LX103.

2022-04-22 1401- log DLNA play controls not seen nor active embyserver.txt2022-04-22 1340- log DLNA play controls not seen nor active embyserver.txt

Edited by morridx
Added maybe more useful log file.

20 hours ago, morridx said:

Hi, yes I think there are still some device-specific issues that we need to chase down. Thanks.