Alpha picker in collections

crusher11

crusher11

If I have a collection that's sorted by title, it makes sense to still have the alpha picker on the side as when browsing a library. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

rbjtech

Agreed but the issue is reduced if using a PC as you can just use the keyboard letter to jump you to the start of that letter group. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Actually, there is an alpha picker in Collections.

So can only assume you mean in the add to Collection screen which has several requests.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

wordlover

For simplicity, assume a universal request for an alpha picker in every multi-title content view (album, artist, show, movie), for ease of browsing large collections. 

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, wordlover said:

For simplicity, assume a universal request for an alpha picker in every multi-title content view (album, artist, show, movie), for ease of browsing large collections. 

But all of those views already have alpha pickers.  But have no idea what you are calling a multi-title content view.

wordlover

Apologies - I am not being clear. Within individual Genres, for example, it would be useful to also have Artist and Album Artist as "Sort By" options, and then have Alpha Picker available in those views. One can sort Albums view by Album Artist (although not by Artist, which should be an option, too), but Alpha Picker isn't available there either. 

edit: and for benefit of those users who use Composer field, I would suggest adding that as a sort option, too.

Edited by wordlover