Jump to content

Hide the activation key


Lemon233
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lemon233

Can you add an option to hide your keys in Emby Premiere so that when I need to see my keys, I can click to view them instead of exposing them directly?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper

Yeah, there's a single key and it is visible only to Admin(s). Who would you hide it from, yourself? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233

I hope that it can be automatically hidden after entering the activation key like when we enter the password. Only when I need to view it, I click a display button to display it directly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, yes it's certainly possible. Just keep in mind that only users that you've designated as administrators can actually get to that screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233

Yes, I understand, I just want the key to be hidden, click a button to view it when needed, rather than displaying it directly, even if logged in to manage the account

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte

I think he used Passwords as an example of something which is similar, so this is probably meant for people looking over your shoulder?

Like with websites are set up so you can click an eye icon to toggle showing your saved password

Edited by FrostByte
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I think he used Passwords as an example of something which is similar, so this is probably meant for people looking over your shoulder?

Like with websites are set up so you can click an eye icon to toggle showing your saved password

Yes, that's what it means Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Please don't use the forum "Report" option unless there is an actual issue.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
9 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I think he used Passwords as an example of something which is similar, so this is probably meant for people looking over your shoulder?

Like with websites are set up so you can click an eye icon to toggle showing your saved password

 

21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's certainly possible. Just keep in mind that only users that you've designated as administrators can actually get to that screen.

As the above one said, I hope to take this advice, thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Please don't use the forum "Report" option unless there is an actual issue.

Sorry, I thought this was the "Recommendations" section

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I think he used Passwords as an example of something which is similar, so this is probably meant for people looking over your shoulder?

Like with websites are set up so you can click an eye icon to toggle showing your saved password

I think this would be a better way to protect the key, just look at it when you're using it, rather than showing it all the time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Lemon233 said:

Sorry, I thought this was the "Recommendations" section

This has come up before and may be a translation issue.  May I ask what you see for these options?

image.png.90da00df395514162e2d82d905386b97.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This has come up before and may be a translation issue.  May I ask what you see for these options?

image.png.90da00df395514162e2d82d905386b97.png

I thought this was the "Feature Suggestions" section

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Lemon233 said:

I think this would be a better way to protect the key, just look at it when you're using it, rather than showing it all the time

Not that this particularly bothers me, it being visible or not, I can't remember when was the last time I clicked Premiere tab - but protect it from whom? It is only you that has access to that tab (or any user that you grant Admin privileges), so he/she can still see it, regardless is it hidden or not. And I don't think it feasible for anyone to remember that sequence of symbols by a casual glance. Totally pointless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Lemon233 said:

I thought this was the "Feature Suggestions" section

This is, but you opened two forum reports that flag this topic to Moderators/Admins for issues.

Can only guess you accidently clicked "Report" instead of "Reply".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This is, but you opened two forum reports that flag this topic to Moderators/Admins for issues.

Can only guess you accidently clicked "Report" instead of "Reply".

Yes, I'm sorry, but I'm not particularly good at using this community yet

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lemon233
7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Not that this particularly bothers me, it being visible or not, I can't remember when was the last time I clicked Premiere tab - but protect it from whom? It is only you that has access to that tab (or any user that you grant Admin privileges), so he/she can still see it, regardless is it hidden or not. And I don't think it feasible for anyone to remember that sequence of symbols by a casual glance. Totally pointless.

What you said makes sense, it's a small offer for me, plus thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...