Best Emby client on Mac OS?

somy

Hi, my Intel based iMac is fully capable of playing H264/H265 4K content, however I have a hard time to find a good Emby client on Mac. I tried the following:

1) Kodi: it plays everything smoothly, however for some reason it uses too much GPU resource and cause the fan spinning at high speed all the time. 

2) Emby: it plays fine, however no HDR-SDR conversion, and if the video has TrueHD or MasterHD Audio track it shuttles every few seconds, strangely the CPU usage was low, so not sure why?

Any recommendation?

Hi, tone mapping is supported in the Emby MacOS app. What version do you have installed? Can we please look at an example? Thanks.

22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, tone mapping is supported in the Emby MacOS app. What version do you have installed? Can we please look at an example? Thanks.

Hi Luke, it's version 2.0.9(5) emby client on Mac OS. You can see the attached comparison of screenshot taken from Emby (up) and infuse (bottom). Can you confirm the issue with TrueHD and MasterHD audio track? Looks like I cannot play movie smoothly with HD audio track, when I switch to AC3 it works fine.

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 21.20.56.png

• 2 weeks later...