Album cover artwork not appearing

instrumentally

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, instrumentally said:

Changing subjects...

On the server, Manage Emby Server > Server > Advanced: Scheduled Tasks...

The HELP button fails to explain what EACH of the tasks are that can be found there.  For example, what is "Convert media" all about?  What media is being converted?  Is EMBY messing with my media in my library?  What about "Transfer media"?  Transferring media from where to where?  None of this is mentioned in the help file.

Also, "Scan media library" has "Scans your media library and refreshes metadata based on configuration".  But I've looked high and low, and can't find any "configuration" related to the refresh frequency.

Convert media - Ability to create a more device favorable format/additional versions.

Emby Convert Media : Emby

Transfer Media is for conversions and Download options per device.  The option will only happen during the task schedule.

"Scans your media library and refreshes metadata based on configuration" scan your library and if you have configured library Refresh interval it will refresh metadata at that interval.

image.png.0703579c481aa3d0402e2cb7f4b43f24.png

Back on topic since Emby uses ffprobe to read existing tags here is an example of what it sees.

image.png.3b570483d56eb7b5319562d844f5de34.png

instrumentally

Never used MediaMonkey but they already exist on the tracks you provided.

Neither Winamp or MediaMonkey show MusicBrainz data. So EMBY is using data that I never entered into my tracks, and which the media tools I use the most often have no way of removing.  This is why I take the position that giving precedence to MusicBrainz data over the basic/common ARTIST, ALBUM and TITLE tag data is a mistake.

I did dust off Metatogger, a tool I use very infrequently, and it DID show about 400 tracks out of my 18,000 tracks which had MusicBrainz data.  I've since cleared all those fields so hopefully the next media library refresh will fix my GENRE issue.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, instrumentally said:

So EMBY is using data that I never entered into my tracks

Whether you did or not the information is in the file.  Emby is just using what it is presented with.

instrumentally
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

scan your library and if you have configured library Refresh interval it will refresh metadata at that interval.

Where do you find this?  I've gone through every category of options under "Manage Emby Server" and I don't see this.

instrumentally
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Emby is just using what it is presented with.

Yes, that is clear.  But my point is, EMBY should be preferring data that the user most likely entered (ARTIST, TITLE, ALBUM, GENRE) and which the user has access to change.  Hidden fields, and fields that the average user cannot enter/edit/delete should not be wagging the dog.

instrumentally
6 hours ago, Luke said:

We read the most commonly recognized music tags, and albumartist is one of those.

For me, 99.9% of the time, the ALBUMARTIST is redundant, which is why I never enter such data when tagging my mp3 files.  Still, none of this justifies ignoring the GENRE field in the ID3 tag when grouping albums under the GENRE category in EMBY.  If track #1 has GENRE tag solely "X", then it should never appear under album grouping or listing under EMBY's GENRE of "Y", regardless of what's in the ALBUMARTIST or any other tag.  A dog doesn't become a cat just because the dog's ID3 ALBUMARTIST tag is nil while its GENRE tag = "dog".

On 12/14/2021 at 6:51 AM, instrumentally said:

For me, 99.9% of the time, the ALBUMARTIST is redundant, which is why I never enter such data when tagging my mp3 files.  Still, none of this justifies ignoring the GENRE field in the ID3 tag when grouping albums under the GENRE category in EMBY.  If track #1 has GENRE tag solely "X", then it should never appear under album grouping or listing under EMBY's GENRE of "Y", regardless of what's in the ALBUMARTIST or any other tag.  A dog doesn't become a cat just because the dog's ID3 ALBUMARTIST tag is nil while its GENRE tag = "dog".

We are not ignoring the genre fields. I already explained it above.

I understand the albumartist field is redundant in your opinion, but this is more or less industry standard. Without that you can expect unexpected results, not just in Emby, but other music software as well because you can't predict how they're going to handle it being empty.

Happy2Play
On 12/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, instrumentally said:
On 12/13/2021 at 7:22 PM, Happy2Play said:

scan your library and if you have configured library Refresh interval it will refresh metadata at that interval.

Where do you find this?  I've gone through every category of options under "Manage Emby Server" and I don't see this.

It is a Library option.  Settings-Library enter said library and enable Show Advanced settings

7 minutes ago, instrumentally said:

OK, so I have conformed to the "industry standard" and added ALBUMARTIST to some tracks, but the artwork for those albums still do not show up.  See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv6wr175y4M

You see your track images if you go to Songs tab, correct?

What are your library settings? 

instrumentally
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

It is a Library option.  Settings-Library enter said library and enable Show Advanced settings

There is no "Show Advanced" settings there.  Moreover, there is nothing pertaining to Refresh frequency under Settings > Library > Advanced

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, instrumentally said:

There is no "Show Advanced" settings there.  Moreover, there is nothing pertaining to Refresh frequency under Settings > Library > Advanced

Not the advanced tab, you have to enter a library and select show advanced settings

image.thumb.png.9b158aad2fe012d6a7980ab927f6a195.png

instrumentally

Not the advanced tab, you have to enter a library and select show advanced settings

OK, so here's a video showing the advanced settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-o8v5QeiMQ

As mentioned in the video, rescanning the library makes no difference.  Album art is still missing for mp3 files that have embedded album art.

instrumentally

Emby fails to parse track title, and artist/album artist. Instead, these captions are nothing more than the filenames (minus the .mp3 extension).

2021-12-21_22-54-24.png

12 hours ago, instrumentally said:

Emby fails to parse track title, and artist/album artist. Instead, these captions are nothing more than the filenames (minus the .mp3 extension).

2021-12-21_22-54-24.png

Hi, we don't parse anything from audio file names. It all comes from embedded information within the file. Have you checked the embedded information within the audio file?

On 12/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, instrumentally said:

Sorry to be argumentative, but Luke's statement appears not to be true. At least, that's what I conclude based upon this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-B8qXu9eM

@instrumentally the only way you'd end up with the file name as your display title is if there is no embedded information within the audio file. Have you checked the embedded information within the file?