Transcoding when playback set to auto

Ninko

1 hour ago, Ninko said:

the user that was logged in at the time was, Steve

Are you sure?  I see a Roku log around 11am EDT but the user is "Home-Media".

Exactly what did you do in that log?  If you played an item, what was it?

Ninko

My server name is Home-Media.

I played,

The Brittas Empire

'Allo 'Allo!

2point4 Children

Okay, then I did find your log.  I see two auto bitrate tests run in it.  The first comes back at about 2.9Mb/s and the second one comes back at only 508Kb/s.

Seems as if either the network or your server got very busy in between.

Ninko

Ok if that's what you want to believe, but I'm telling you that was not the case!

It could also be the ISP throttling, I guess.  All I can tell you is we ran two tests and the second one happens to be the one we are using for playback because it was done just before starting the playback and it came back at a very low number.

Ninko

Ok, I can see your not interested in fixing this problem, all your doing is blaming external factors!

I will just set a fixed bitrate and say no more, good luck to anyone else who tries to help you fix this PROBLEM.

I'm sorry but all the information we have points to the issue being environmental.  This isn't unusual.

I personally routinely use the Roku app from remote connections with accurate bitrate detection but there is no way we can be sure it will always be that way in all situations and environments.  That is why we give you the ability to set it manually as well.