I hate when people get Fiber & do not get any ethernet ports installed

ng4ever

ng4ever

Wifi is ok but not perfect. Wire will always be king.

Plus their gateway/modem is not even in the middle of the house. Oh well.

At least I tried.

Do you all think you will ever get maximum speed on Wifi for Fiber ? I am talking about 1 Gbps + speeds. Highly doubt it.

Gilgamesh_48
18 hours ago, ng4ever said:

Wifi is ok but not perfect. Wire will always be king.

Plus their gateway/modem is not even in the middle of the house. Oh well.

At least I tried.

Do you all think you will ever get maximum speed on Wifi for Fiber ? I am talking about 1 Gbps + speeds. Highly doubt it.

We, in the US, will probably never get whatever is the "best" in internet speeds simply because we have been among the "first" and that means that our choices get limited because we always insist on "backwards compatibility."

Many times, throughout the history of electronics, we have limited ourselves by that insistence. TV is a good example: We pretty much started TV as we know it today but it is only since we began digital broadcasts that our picture quality mostly caught uo with Europe, Japan and many other countries in picture quality.

I don't expect I will ever get the best speeds but I must admit that my current 300-400 mb/second perfectly acceptable for all my uses. The only real lack I have is upload speed. 20mb/sec is just not good enough for my needs a lot of the time.

But I do agree about wireless vs wired. Everything I own that can be connected wired is connected wired and I do not ever really rely on wireless for important stuff or even for simple TV watching.

I do not really understand the obsession many people have with hating wires. I find the sight of nice solid wires comforting and it is very hard for any kind of interference to impact wired connections.