XBMC as receiver

steve1977

Happy2Play

Could you try changing dca back to dts and see if you still get the same results.

steve1977

Just did. Same thing:

Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (dts (dca) -> aac (native))

steve1977

Kept trying. I actually plays DTS, but does not play DTS-HD without transcoding. Detail below

It transcodes

Audio

Languageeng
CodecDCA
ProfileDTS-HD MA
Layout5.1
Bitrate1500 kbps
Sample Rate48000 khz
DefaultYes

It plays without transcoding

Audio

Languageeng
CodecDCA
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Bitrate1500 kbps
Sample Rate48000 khz
DefaultYes

Any more ideas?

steve1977

LOL, was just going to ask for that information.

I have added a bunch of things to try out: dca (which is the one working for the othe dts file), dts, dts-hd, dts (dca), dts-hd ma. None of which with any results. Any idea why this is not working? The codec of the file says "dca", so I would have expected this to work?

steve1977

Unfortunately, the issue is not limited to DTS-HD files. Below another DTS file (not HD), which also transcodes. Any idea:

Audio

Languageeng
CodecDCA
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Bitrate1500 kbps
Sample Rate48000 khz
DefaultYes

steve1977

I think I solved it!!! For whatever reason, I had to further increase "max streaming bitrate" and "max sync bitrate". No idea what this has to do with audio transcoding, but the movies formerly transcoding audio now no longer require transcoding.

So, back to the other issue. Anything I can help troubleshoot how to determine why the id matching does not work?

Happy2Play

What does the transcode log say?  Don't really know why DTS-HD is not being passed thru.

Edited by Happy2Play

steve1977

I believe the posts overlapped. Since increasing the max bitrate, all movies play without transcoding (also those with dts-hd). Does not make a lot of sense to me what the two things have in common, but it is clear and replicable. anyhow, solved now by increasing max bit rate to 20 millions.

What is still not working is the "control" with unchanged error message in server log:

2014-10-01 09:40:20.7758 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.1.100:1159/AVTransport/fe9c1a33-3873-218f-abab-824d88b5bbea/control.xml
2014-10-01 09:40:20.8218 Error - Dlna: Error reporting progress
    Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
    System.FormatException
     at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
     at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithDashes(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
     at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
     at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<OnPlaybackStopped>d__45.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<ReportPlaybackStopped>d__f.MoveNext()

Edited by steve1977

MediaExplorer

It seems OP has solved his issue. Nevertheless, here is how I got it working. I created a profile for XBMC based on the generic device profile and modified the Direct Play (Video) section like this:

Container: All

Video Codec: All

Audio Codec: All

Transcoding log says

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (aac (native) -> aac (native))

Remote control is still unavailable.

steve1977

This works, but also need to set max bit rate to 20 millions for high bit rate movies.

And any advice on how to control remains appreciated.

steve1977

I think this thread is actually more advanced than the one you are linking to. We have now figured out a profile that works with xbmc. However, we all wait for some ideas or developer's interest how to get remote control working.