XBMC as receiver

steve1977

It would be great to see this finalized, however there's plenty of other capable people here aside from xnappo and I that can figure it out. That will help keep us working on the things that we're really needed for.

steve1977

Fair point and generally agree. From above, it looks that xnappo had figured the same thing out already (just with xbmb3c rather than xbmc as receiver). So, him taking a look at what spaceboy created may be helpful and may not take too much of his time.

Happy2Play

@@steve1977 what issues are you having?  Did you create a custom profile?  If not can you look at your server log for the same information spaceboy posted in #17.  Might need to enable dlna debug logging.

xnappo

The XBMB3C remote control stuff was written by @ - doesn't have much to do with DLNA though, just install XBMB3C and it will work like other MediaBrowser clients.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

steve1977

Thanks for offering help, very much appreciated. I am running of a default profile. Most movies play, but I believe that they transcode, which should not be the case as XBMC is capable to play without transcoding. Also, some movies do not play, while they play inside MBS and also when selected from the XBMC library directly. Please see log of a movie that does not play.

http://pastebin.com/RNKs08hz

Thanks in advance!!!

Spaceboy

well this is the profile as it stands and it works for play to, but no progress is reported back to mb3 so you get no control.

i'm happy to keep looking at this but its obvious from the cryptic responses we keep getting that this help isn't wanted for some reason. so i'll leave it here for these capable people

cheers and sorry i couldn't complete the job

Edited by Spaceboy

steve1977

Thanks for sharing. Besides that it cannot be controlled, the movie mentioned above will still not play and I believe it still attempts to transcode. I am not sure whether it is using the profile. How can I find out? See new log below after copying your profile into the folder with all other profiles. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/U5DjH9Xx

steve1977

Thanks. What info are you looking for? Below what MBS tells me about the file.

Video
CodecH264
ProfileHigh
Level41
Resolution1920x1016
Aspect Ratio240:127
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate9251 kbps
Bit Depth8 bit
Pixel Formatyuv420p
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAC3
Layout5.1
Bitrate625 kbps
Sample Rate48000 khz
DefaultYes
Subtitle
Languageeng
CodecSUBRIP
DefaultYes
ForcedYes
ExternalNo
Containermkv

Happy2Play

You need to modify the codecs in the directplay section. Add h264 to videocodec

<DirectPlayProfile type="Video" videoCodec="mpeg2,mpeg4,vc1" audioCodec="mp3,mp2,ac3,dts,pcm" container="avi,mp4,mkv"/>

and you probably need to modify this to higher than 8mbps

<MaxStreamingBitrate>8000000</MaxStreamingBitrate>

<MaxStreamingBitrate>8000000</MaxStreamingBitrate> 

edit - I believe dts should be dca

Edited by Happy2Play

steve1977

Thanks. I have added h264 to directply, changed dts to dca, and changed maxstreaming from 8mn to 100mn. Unfortunately, the movie still does not play. Any more ideas?

steve1977

Btw, are you sure from my logs that it is actually using the profile? I did not find any reference in my logs and don't find any setting to link them.

Also, I can actually not change the profile in the MBS GUI, but need to do it manually opening the XML file. I assume this is a MBS bug?

Happy2Play

Btw, are you sure from my logs that it is actually using the profile? I did not find any reference in my logs and don't find any setting to link them.

Also, I can actually not change the profile in the MBS GUI, but need to do it manually opening the XML file. I assume this is a MBS bug?

2014-09-30 23:11:42.0004 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: Raspberry Pi     -line 525

I was able to modify the custom xml via the web client, where did you put the custom profile?.  Can you post the new transcode log

steve1977

That's weird. I had copied it into: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\system as this is where the other profiles are. I can edit it, but it does not "stick". It says "file saved", but when I re-enter, it goes back to the original profile, which I took from this post. I have successfully made edits though directly opening the xml file.

Please see below the new transcode log:

http://pastebin.com/YPcQAaKw

Happy2Play

Move it to dlna\user.

edit - Is it just that movie you are having issues with?

Edited by Happy2Play

steve1977

Thanks, that did the trick. The movie is playing now. No idea whether it transcodes the file, but assume it does given directplay?

Now I am down to the "issue" though that I cannot stop the movie remotely. Not a huge deal, but technically should also be a way to make this work?

Edited by steve1977

Happy2Play

Thanks, that did the trick. The movie is playing now. No idea whether it transcodes the file, but assume it does not given directplay?

Now I am down to the "issue" though that I cannot stop the movie remotely. Not a huge deal, but technically should also be a way to make this work?

Easiest way to see if it is to check for a new transcode log or check for files in MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp unless you relocated the transcode directory.

Spaceboy has the same issue with no controls.

steve1977

Thanks, sounds good. It looks like video is not being trannscoded, unclear about the audio stream?

Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (dts (dca) -> aac (native))

Any idea how to take the "control issue" forward? Any log I can provide or other troubleshooting?

Edited by steve1977

steve1977

Just kept looking through the logs. I am still not clear whether I directplay ("Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (dts (dca) -> aac (native))") and also struggle to get the "remote control" working when playing. Getting the same error message as posted by Spaceboy.

2014-10-01 07:12:59.0741 Debug - Dlna: M-SEARCH message received from 127.0.0.1:59101 on 0.0.0.0:1900. Headers: Host=239.255.255.250:1900,ST=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1,Man="ssdp:discover",MX=3

2014-10-01 07:12:59.0741 Debug - Dlna: Delaying search response by 3 seconds
2014-10-01 07:12:59.8391 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.1.100:1159/AVTransport/fe9c1a33-3873-218f-abab-824d88b5bbea/control.xml
2014-10-01 07:12:59.8821 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.1.100:1159/AVTransport/fe9c1a33-3873-218f-abab-824d88b5bbea/control.xml
2014-10-01 07:12:59.9291 Error - Dlna: Error reporting progress
    Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
    System.FormatException
     at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
     at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithDashes(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
     at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
     at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<OnPlaybackProgress>d__37.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<_device_PlaybackProgress>d__16.MoveNext()

Any other idea what we can try? Any idea what this Guid is? Thanks!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

(h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))

("Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (dts (dca) -> aac (native))

The audio stream is being transcoded from dts to aac.

From what Luke stated the error is

we query the device to find out what it's doing, and the media Id it's giving us isn't matching what we've sent it. why still needs to be determined.

steve1977

Thanks. Why is this transcoding happening? I have included dca into my directplay audio settings? And XBMC should be able to play it without transcoding?

I assume you also would not know how to determine why the id matching does not work. Anything I can try or log I can provide?