Want to make artwork changed to thumbnails on a specific section

Oracle

Title pretty much says it all.

I want to make a specific "Latest Media" library section on the home screen be displayed as thumbnails instead of the posters. Any help'll do! Thanks!

Happy2Play

No way that I know of beside finding the script that is actually building each section.  I would assume the homesections.js but don't really see anything about the card being used.

visproduction

Looking inside homeseection.js there are functions for the various type of horizontal grids.  Turning thumbs on or off looks like it is controlled by

preferThumb:"auto",inheritThumb:!1,shape:"autooverflow",

So you get thimbs styled in the horizontal grib, when a function that has these options is called.  The functions that do that are getDownloadListOptions, getContinueListeningListOptions, getOnNowListOptions.  So if you find the code to allow you to setup a new row type and create a new name, then you can try calling one of these functions from that pull down choice.  Otherwise you would have to add a new function that does what you want.

I think there is code to create the drop down type of list name in admin.  That type gets assigned a function in the .js that controls that page.  The function is called to homesection.js to complete the styles for the list.  It would probably be a better idea to create all the options in separate .js that is not in part of Emby's .js collection and then insert a call to your custom .js in the header of the home page.  That way any update will only wipe out the script call in the homepage and you only need to update that to hopefully get the feature to work again after an update.

I hope that makes some sense.

Edited by visproduction