Emby keeps popping up with error cant connect to server

Brianwhite1970

Brianwhite1970

I've had emby and plex for about 3 yrs now and about a month ago both started buffering alot and posting a cant connect to server or a volley error.  I'm just a client who was provided a server connect. Ive tried asking for logs of when the issue arises but havent been given any. The server is in the UK. Im in the US. I've recently bought a new firestick 4k and had my internet provider change out my modem.  It played well for a couple days but now it's doing it again. All the other apps play with no issues on my firestick. Just emby and plex.  Sorry for mentioning the other but thought it might be useful to know.  Please if anyone can help based on the info I've provided and sorry I cant give any logs. I wish I could. Thanks for any advice. I really dont want to go back to apks and real debrid 

Edited by Brianwhite1970

pwhodges

As it's both Emby and the other, perhaps your ISP (or the server's?) is detecting the video transfers and throttling them under whatever "fair use" policy they have.  Can you take your firestick to a friend's place with a different ISP and try there for comparison?

Paul