Jump to content

Subtitles


CherylLynn
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, lethtel said:

Hi,

Just to add some more if it can help (and seems to be the same behaviour somewhere) :

Besides "traditionnal" problem of subtitles not showing up by manual search (Magnum PI (2018) 04x01, looking for french subs, TVdb and IMdb IDs filled) it seems i have a bonus :

i would say there is a problem with addic7ed requests (at least on my side).

If i manually search for an item : I find it.
If i trigger a automatic download from scheduled task i have a returm for only one file telling me "object reference not set to an instance objet" => Ok, no prob. the srt file doesn't exist on addic7ed but then that's it, never another show showing up in alerts or what.

Looking in logs i found log extract.txt
Seems it does multiple request in a short time and goes time out (site isn't very fluid, but shows up in less then 20sec ; maybe increasing a bit could help as we are just waiting for an answer ?), the plugin doesn't search anymore for a while as it timed out ; ok, why not.


The problem i get it is :once timed out i'm some kind of IP Ban from addic7ed : manual search doesn't work anymore ; site is no more accessible from my server, but still ok in a virtual machine running on it besides a VPN, no prob' neither at home or if i put emby's server behind a VPN.
Maybe 20 or 30minutes later, site is available again.

I have the same "kind of IP Ban" if looking for multiples files in row manually

It wasn't working with last stable, so i tried beta, same behaviour.

Thanks :)

PS : Settings , to be sure i unchecked those little things ;) 
483847237_Embysettings.png.87b635389c79da201d24dfd063e1c5a3.png

Waiting for instructions on expected files/informations needed :)

Ty for investigations

L.

Hi, that's only addic7ed. The other two sources will still be fine in this situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
JuJuJurassic

I'm having the same problem, I've just got open subtitles enabled and am a VIP member, I've attached the emby log file, I can see it contacting the open subtitle serer, but doesn't actually display anything. When playing a film, if I select a search for subtitles it always says not available.

 I don't mind taking another subscription out, is there a better solution?

Thanks

-----

Update, it seems to be okay after re entering the login credentials and rebooting the server. 

I hope this works for you too 🙂

----

embyserver (2).txt

Edited by JuJuJurassic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, JuJuJurassic said:

I'm having the same problem, I've just got open subtitles enabled and am a VIP member, I've attached the emby log file, I can see it contacting the open subtitle serer, but doesn't actually display anything. When playing a film, if I select a search for subtitles it always says not available.

 I don't mind taking another subscription out, is there a better solution?

Thanks

-----

Update, it seems to be okay after re entering the login credentials and rebooting the server. 

I hope this works for you too 🙂

----

embyserver (2).txtUnavailable

Hi, are you all set now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JuJuJurassic

Hi Luke,

Perhaps I don't understand how it works. Is it dynamic so you start a film, then tell it to get subtitles, which it does, or in my case doesn't. or does it down load them to play later

Any suggestions. Here's the emby log file look at the end for the subtitle search

Julian

embyserver (3).txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Hi Luke,

Perhaps I don't understand how it works. Is it dynamic so you start a film, then tell it to get subtitles, which it does, or in my case doesn't. or does it down load them to play later

Any suggestions. Here's the emby log file look at the end for the subtitle search

Julian

embyserver (3).txt 9.26 MB · 0 downloads

What exactly happened when you tried to download subtitles during playback?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omahabrownie

I have tried all of this and it still will not work for me. I have just decided if I need and want a subtitle I will have to soften code it to the movie file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Omahabrownie said:

I have tried all of this and it still will not work for me. I have just decided if I need and want a subtitle I will have to soften code it to the movie file.

@Omahabrownie what exactly did you try?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omahabrownie

I have tried everything asked in this topic posting since I started it. When I do as your manual link above shows all i get is what JuJuJarasic showed above. Asking if I have configured it.

I have configured it as shown but it does not work for me. I have even tried putting a subtile file in the same folder as the movie and it still does not see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JuJuJurassic

OK, major embarrassment. I typo-ed my email address. 

I'm so sorry for the time you spent luke, it was fresh eyes that spotted it. Do you have a "buy me a coffee" link I can apologise for your wasted time?

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JuJuJurassic

Mind you, is there a way of making subtitles download automatically when a new film is "put" in the library. How would you select the languages you wanted though. I'd like polish and Spanish subtitles to be downloaded automatically. or is this a feature request. BTW I still owe you a cup of coffee 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
27 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Mind you, is there a way of making subtitles download automatically when a new film is "put" in the library. How would you select the languages you wanted though. I'd like polish and Spanish subtitles to be downloaded automatically. 

Have you explored bottom of your Library options (you can also tick Show advanced settings for few extra options)? 

 

IMG_20220203_213653.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JuJuJurassic

Excellent grim reaper, thank you.

On the next release would it be possible to put a “test authentication” button to verify the login. It would stop muppets like me getting the credentials wrong.

Edited by JuJuJurassic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Excellent grim reaper, thank you.

On the next release would it be possible to put a “test authentication” button to verify the login. It would stop muppets like me getting the credentials wrong.

Hi, yes this is a good idea. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
lethtel
On 1/13/2022 at 5:36 PM, Luke said:

Hi, that's only addic7ed. The other two sources will still be fine in this situation.

Hi

Yeah, maybe but that doesn't solve the problem.

If it's only available on addic7ed, it's done, no subtitles downloaded.
So what now ? 

Grabbing subtitles from bazarr or subliminal until this get fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lethtel said:

Hi

Yeah, maybe but that doesn't solve the problem.

If it's only available on addic7ed, it's done, no subtitles downloaded.
So what now ? 

Grabbing subtitles from bazarr or subliminal until this get fixed.

It looks like addic7ed only allows a small number per day per ip address it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

It looks like addic7ed only allows a small number per day per ip address it seems.

Looks like

  • Anonymous - You’re limited to 15 files / 24 hours 
  • Registered - Has an increased download limit to 40 subtitles / 24 hours
  • VIP - Has an increased download limit to 80 subtitles / 24 hours,
Quote

G. How do I check my limits?
Go to your “Panel“. You’’ find the limit in the information box there (Downloads today section). Clicking that will show you some detailed info about your last downloads.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lethtel

I wrote

Quote

 

Seems it does [your plugin] multiple request in a short time and goes time out (site isn't very fluid, but shows up in less then 20sec ; maybe increasing a bit could help as we are just waiting for an answer ?), the plugin doesn't search anymore for a while as it timed out ; ok, why not.


The problem i get it is : once timed out i'm some kind of IP Ban from addic7ed : manual search doesn't work anymore ; site is no more accessible from my server, but still ok in a virtual machine running on it besides a VPN, no prob' neither at home or if i put emby's server behind a VPN.
Maybe 20 or 30minutes later, site is available again.

I have the same "kind of IP Ban" if looking for multiples files in row manually

 

I'm not even yet downloading something, just getting locked out of the site for searching on it without even getting one correct result.
 

In attached files : Screenshot from emby with no results, screenshot from addic7ed with an existing result to be found by emby and screenshot from my todays limit.

Capture d’écran 2022-02-23 231437.png

Capture d’écran 2022-02-23 231406.png

Capture d’écran 2022-02-23 231321.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

@lethtel Can you post server log showing this import.  Have you verified language is enabled in library subtitles settings.

2022-02-23 14:55:45.779 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV TESTING - 2\All American\Season 4\S04E07.strm
2022-02-23 14:55:45.780 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.addic7ed.com/
2022-02-23 14:56:01.596 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.addic7ed.com/ajax_loadShow.php?show=6920&season=4
2022-02-23 14:56:06.871 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.addic7ed.com/updated/8/171589/4
2022-02-23 14:56:08.195 Info SubtitleManager: Saving subtitles to C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV TESTING - 2\All American\Season 4\S04E07.fr.srt

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...