Multiple files for episode metadata issue

miniliQuid
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

GrimReaper

Something is off with your library setup, your screen shows "Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Will of fire" as a title, not as a "Naruto Shippuden" TV Show as it should, and it also lacks Shuffle button that would show if it was Specials season. What library type you have there? What paths you entered?

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

miniliQuid
5 hours ago, pwhodges said:

I'm not clear from that whether your specials are or are not in a single folder, but your following image looks fine.

With all the specials in a single folder called "Specials", I have never had a problem with TVDB failing to recognise them.  The only suggestion I have is to try removing the "(2007)" from the file names, as TVDB isn't requiring that.

Paul

It's all in 1 folder, they way it is shown on the image (which is why I got confused it wasn't working).
Will see if that helps if grimreaper his advise doesn't help.

5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Something is off with your library setup, your screen shows "Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Will of fire" as a title, not as a "Naruto Shippuden" TV Show as it should, and it also lacks Shuffle button that would show if it was Specials season. What library type you have there? What paths you entered?

I don't think it is the library path since most shows seem to work fine.
However you pointing that out made me notice the ones that have issues seem to have been identified wrong.

Trying to manually identify those and refreshing the metadata, hoping that fixes it :D

Thanks for the advise you 2!

miniliQuid

Jikes, none of the above changed anything.
Been trying things since yesterday but something in my naming sequence must be off.

For now I was able to solve it by simply splitting the episodes manually and then changing the metadata manually.
However if someone can provide me a screenshot of there specials set up that works when identified automatically, that would be great.
Might wanna change mine in case I ever need to remake the library in the future, automation is always better :D

Anyway this is what happened for me, it just says every special episode is season 0 episode 0, even when they have obvious episodes named.
So they get all packed together under the first video, but splitting them and renaming them helped.

PS: in the picture below I had decided before starting manually that perhaps taking the names straight from TVDB might help, but even that didn't change anything.

episode 0 season 0 different versions.jpg

Happy2Play
On 12/22/2021 at 4:17 AM, miniliQuid said:

Another question as I ran into a new problem using TVDB instead of the anime metadata providers 😭
Specials are completely not recognized somehow.
I checked TVDB really quick but they are on there.
Only 1 shows up for me, but I haven't removed titles for the movies & ovas yet.

Just like all episodes are in season 1, all specials are in a special folder.
However because specials are far and few between, I do name these by season and as far as I know (and just checked on TVDB) these are mentioned as season 0.
Got them all numbered that way, and previously they showed up just fine without issues.
After changing all anime to TVDB all specials are messed up (example below for Naruto Shippuden).

How do I go about fixing the specials for all anime shows?

naruto shippuden specials ordered.jpg

naruto shippuden specials.jpg

What is the series Display Mode?

Since you say all episodes in season 1, I am guessing it is Absolute and that is a problem as Specials have no Absolute order only Aired order.  No way to have mixed modes that I know of or tested.

Best guess would be you have to set Series to Aired Order, Refresh metadata w/replace images on Specials, Lock specials, change order to Absolute and Refresh w/replace images on Season 1.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

miniliQuid
On 12/28/2021 at 12:20 AM, Luke said:

What exactly is the remaining problem at this point?

Any episodes past 999 in absolute order are not being displayed since emby thinks it's episode 100.
Currently the show One Piece is now at episode 1005 or something, and those last 6 episodes do not show up in emby.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:13 AM, Happy2Play said:

What is the series Display Mode?

Since you say all episodes in season 1, I am guessing it is Absolute and that is a problem as Specials have no Absolute order only Aired order.  No way to have mixed modes that I know of or tested.

Best guess would be you have to set Series to Aired Order, Refresh metadata w/replace images on Specials, Lock specials, change order to Absolute and Refresh w/replace images on Season 1.

So they don't have metadata for specials when it comes to absolute order?
I would have guessed they would be mixed in with season 1 after this didn't work but I guess removing them alltogether is a way to go xD

Anyway, there aren't too many specials being released generally, and I have 0 automation for those anyway, so 1 step extra to get them sorted in emby isn't that big of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...
miniliQuid
On 12/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, miniliQuid said:

Any episodes past 999 in absolute order are not being displayed since emby thinks it's episode 100.
Currently the show One Piece is now at episode 1005 or something, and those last 6 episodes do not show up in emby.

Are there any solutions for this issue yet?

• 2 weeks later...
miniliQuid

Is there no one else having this issue with episodes above 999?
I know not many shows get that far, but I definitely know about a few.
Has to be a larger issue or some solution for it? 🤔

miniliQuid

As shown below, without titles things work fine as was suggested (without the title there are no title numbers to be confused with the episode number).
However as soon as a show (tested it on another one besides one piece as well to be sure) goes above 999, the system still gets broken.
But in this case it just adds all of the 1000 and higher episodes as versions under episode 100.
This time however it is without titles in the file name as shown in the images below.

Emby Anime absolute order over 1000.jpg

emby multiple episode 100 versions.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 7:30 AM, miniliQuid said:

As shown below, without titles things work fine as was suggested (without the title there are no title numbers to be confused with the episode number).
However as soon as a show (tested it on another one besides one piece as well to be sure) goes above 999, the system still gets broken.
But in this case it just adds all of the 1000 and higher episodes as versions under episode 100.
This time however it is without titles in the file name as shown in the images below.

Emby Anime absolute order over 1000.jpg

emby multiple episode 100 versions.jpg

Hi, yes this is something that we're going to have to review but it's happening because the episode detection is trying to avoid years in file names being interpreted as episode numbers.

OK I've got these solved, at least for your file name examples. The changes are unlikely to be included in 4.7 as they come with some risk, but some time after that once it's spent a little time on the beta channel.

• Like 1

miniliQuid
On 4/27/2022 at 2:18 AM, Luke said:

OK I've got these solved, at least for your file name examples. The changes are unlikely to be included in 4.7 as they come with some risk, but some time after that once it's spent a little time on the beta channel.

Awesome! Thanks for that. Anyway I'd rather have it tested thoroughly than come with other issues, so no need to hurry on this.
Currently the work around seems to work perfectly fine so far which is simply not having the titles in the files.
Haven't seen any issues since I removed the titles, so I hope it stays that way :D

Any solutions for the episodes past 999? Cause so far I have come up empty handed with any solutions to deal with those for the time being :(

Anyway thanks for the update and the hard work!

• Solution
4 hours ago, miniliQuid said:

Awesome! Thanks for that. Anyway I'd rather have it tested thoroughly than come with other issues, so no need to hurry on this.
Currently the work around seems to work perfectly fine so far which is simply not having the titles in the files.
Haven't seen any issues since I removed the titles, so I hope it stays that way :D

Any solutions for the episodes past 999? Cause so far I have come up empty handed with any solutions to deal with those for the time being :(

Anyway thanks for the update and the hard work!

The solution is what I mentioned above.

• Like 1

miniliQuid

Oh thought you meant the titles I posted earlier.
But that is great news, I'll be looking forward to that release :D

Edit: Noticed after a recent emby update that episodes above 999 are now showing up, thanks!

Edited by miniliQuid