Config Backup Failing

danskine
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

danskine

I'm running Emby in Docker on a DS918Plus.  Everything seems fine, but I recently noticed that the config backup stopped running.  I have made sure the folder is mapped properly and the backup used to work (last one was 9/1/2021).

The only thing I am seeing in the logs is this.

2021-11-21 14:00:01.576 Info ServerConfigurationManager: Saving system configuration
2021-11-21 14:00:01.579 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to 172.17.0.1. Time: 85ms. http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8096/emby/System/Configuration?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox&X-Emby-Device-Id=65b574cb-6e36-4083-af08-e131c334eb32&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.6.0

Response 204 means No Content, so, I guess I'm unsure where the problem lies.  Originally I thought it was a permissions issue, but everything is set properly in Docker and with my user on the Synology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danskine

Because the last backup was 9/1/2021.  It's supposed to be happening every day, but I'm not getting new backups.

The Server Response seems telling.  "No Content".  Like it's not finding data where it thinks it should? 

Edited by danskine

Try manually running the scheduled task to perform the backup in emby server scheduled tasks and see if creates one. Thanks.

danskine

I have created a new scheduled task several times for a time that was coming up and they didn't run.  If there's a way to do it totally manually I would love to try it.  Can you tell me how?

You need to go into the backup plugin settings and configure a place to store the backups.

2021-11-21 20:33:55.979 Error TaskManager: Error
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.6.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42214 SMP Sat Aug 28 02:41:15 CST 2021
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: backup directory not found
       at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteBackup(BackupProfile settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)
       at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
    Source: MBBackup
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

It says /Backups/Media FIles/Emby Backups/ does not exist, which either means it doesn't exist or the server doesn't have permission to write to it.

As a test, if you configured it with a trailing /, try removing that.

• Solution
FrostByte

Here's my plugin config

Backup.jpg.b95e2ffb6280902df8f0067b59d50052.jpg

I made my folder a shared folder so I could see it from network neighborhood on a Windows PC, but you probably could set file permissions also

backup5.thumb.jpg.4dc66e7f93a9e4c08c82c8ac42163066.jpg

• Like 1

danskine

Got it.  Thanks for the screenshots.

For me, I actually had permissions set up, but my Emby Backup folder is in /Backups/Media Files/Emby Backups/  In DSM 6.x I had given read/write permission to the emby user for Backups and the permissions cascaded down to subdirectories as well.  Apparently in DSM7, they do not by default.  I found the checkbox to include subdirectories, and the backup just ran.

Thanks again.  Really appreciate it.

• Like 1