Movie upgrades

joncy92

Hello,

Is there a way to have Emby use the same metadata, including images and library scan date when a movie is upgraded in quality

Usually when this happens the first file will be deleted, then the new file (with a different name) will be moved into the same folder, then Emby will detect the change and scan. 

Is there any to stop emby seeing this as a new movie and replacing metadata? 

Thanks 

mgworek

Not sure if you are using something like Radarr to automatically move the movie to the folder but if you are, radarr the one that is removing all the metadata and images from the folder when it deletes the old version so Emby has to see it as a new movie.

Just now, mgworek said:

Not sure if you are using something like Radarr to automatically move the movie to the folder but if you are, radarr the one that is removing all the metadata and images from the folder when it deletes the old version so Emby has to see it as a new movie.

I am using radarr. Is there a way to prevent that happening then? 

mgworek
1 minute ago, joncy92 said:

I am using radarr. Is there a way to prevent that happening then? 

Not that I found but if someone knows a way, I would love to hear it. I am with you and hate that it does this.

mgworek

"Removal of image files, xml, nfo and subs etc is hardcoded in Radarr when movies are updated. This has been reported numerous times and the response is always - if you want to chnage it then code it yourself and submit it to the dev team for consideration."