Apple announcement

mangis

I'm really glad now that Apple has 'invented' NFC that stores and other places may start to implement it and I can use the tech that I've had in my phones for years.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

And of course, Apple Watch.  Looks very well designed - like most of their products - we'll just have to see how usable it actually is (I mean for someone who wouldn't wear a casio calculator watch).

Also, isn't it just like Apple to disallow live streaming on any platform other than Safari...  :mellow:

Not a fan of Apple then. Hahaha :P

i got loads of apple products and i'm pretty stuck with them.  Gotta agree, I hate their closed system and ideas.  Updates are just utter poo on the iOS systems, they don't really bring anything useful.

I mean Siri (voice thing) only works if you are connected to 3G.  So if I ask it to "Phone Sophie" when i'm out of a 3G area, it farts and says I cannot complete this right now. I mean it's stored on the the phone, not in the clouds. Grrrrrrr

Everything just sucks with Apple.  I never hold my breath.  Just don't want to move for two reasons, unsure of the other options and how they perform, I don't want to pay for all my apps again for a different platform.

This iWatch and the home automation function (rumoured - not sure what the official title is but it's iSomething) is just another license for them to print money on Apple approved hubs that can connect to the home automation network.

• Like 1

CBers

I wouldn't touch an Apple product with a barge-pole, even if they do look nice and supposedly work, which is what most people want.

I find the Apple eco-system too restrictive, which is why I use (rooted) Android devices.

Each to their own though :D

• Like 4

As expected, this doesn't really appear to be much more than bringing iPhone into line with every other smart phone out there.

Oh, wait, the home screen can rotate into landscape mode now... [mind blown] ;).

• Like 3

Well, they are very good at designing beautiful products which does draw a lot of attention.  As a developer I hate the closed nature of their platform but they can't be completely ignored.

The phone got left behind over the past few years but may finally catch up now (iPhone 6 looks like a Samsung) and maybe the watch will drive something new too.

Latchmor

As expected, this doesn't really appear to be much more than bringing iPhone into line with every other smart phone out there.

Oh, wait, the home screen can rotate into landscape mode now... [mind blown] ;).

Where's the nearest queue? I've got my sleeping bag ready  :P

LOL - Apple just put Ellen Degeneres' tweet up on their live feed - brilliant:

So excited for the Apple Watch.  For centuries, we've checked the time by looking at our phones.  Having it on your wrist? Genius.

• Like 2

Latchmor

I'm starting to dislike the letter 'i' used in the way Apple has done (and others). From this point forward (being Scottish) it shall be AyePhone. Aye'm not sure if it will catch on but Aye don't care. Aye shall also be sticking with Android for the foreseeable future, Aye have no reason to move.

Can you tell Aye'm bored just now? (waiting for a server to reboot)

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

I'm starting to dislike the letter 'i' used in the way Apple has done (and others). From this point forward (being Scottish) it shall be AyePhone. Aye'm not sure if it will catch on but Aye don't care. Aye shall also be sticking with Android for the foreseeable future, Aye have no reason to move.

Can you tell Aye'm bored just now? (waiting for a server to reboot)

Hahahah PMSL 

Wee man poo plong McJock

Edited by Cheesegeezer

It is nice to see them updating the form factor and sizes to be more in line with everyone else but it is hard to believe this will be interpreted as all that huge of a deal.

Cheesegeezer

Aye have to correct you there "Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop". Lol.

Yeah, Aye did have that in my head but it obviously didn't translate to my fingers ;)

fantaxp7

YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND! THIS IS SO HUGE!!!! BIGGER SCREEN, THINNER....CAUSE YOU KNOW BETTER!...YEA! 1% GRAPHICAL INTERFACE USER ENHANCEMENT!!!! FACE TIME SELFIE ULTRA HD!

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Like 2

fantaxp7

To be honest I do like Apple's products though I largely disagree with all the fanboyism and loyalty crap. I feel like the way the ios works as a whole is better than any Android I have had. I may end up getting an iPhone again. I try to stay unbiased as possible and I have switched between Android and Apple over the years.

I currently have the HTC One M8 and I love it, best experience I've had that's non Apple. Apple phones are just a different experience and I appreciate both.

• Like 1

And of course, Apple Watch.  Looks very well designed - like most of their products - we'll just have to see how usable it actually is (I mean for someone who wouldn't wear a casio calculator watch).

Also, isn't it just like Apple to disallow live streaming on any platform other than Safari...  :mellow:

I gota say, i did laugh when i saw the AyeWatch. Really not to my taste at all, but im sure it will be bought by all of my Aye obsessed friends for reasons i still dont understand as anything other than good marketing. :-?

Android fanboy all the way!

• Like 2

Except in your car :P hahaha

Well yeah, but that's cause I'm a MediaBrowser fanboy all the way and needed MB on my HU!

Android Auto will be straight in my car as soon as its available!

Edited by radeon

Tried to watch the stream on my old iPad. Connection errors. Stream randomly jumping back into the first few minutes. Safari repeatedly crashing and dumping me onto the home screen. Random Chinese dubs (lol?), with no obvious UI to turn off or change language. Low resolution. Buffering constantly.

Yea, about on par with my experience of Apple software.